Like Tree11Likes

Covid Vaccine doses & Antigen Tests

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I would not trust anything sold at Watsons ..

I did register for the HKU post vaccine study (not the survey that they do at the Ap Lei Chau center) - lets see if I get accepted.
    Is there a link for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    If you are planning to travel in the future you might want to do one after your second dose - suspect they might ask for proof of antibodies in addition to vaccination record.
    Who do you think 'they' might be?

So far it looks like the UK will ask (in the short term) for either:
    1) Vax proof
    2) Neg PCR
    3) Proof of previous infection (Medical records or antigen test I guess)

The US: Nothing - Invasion of privacy concerns (but maybe for foreign nationals?).

Thailand? Sing? Japan?

Doesn't seem like you can just join if you use a site other than one they are running.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:

1) Vax proof
    2) Neg PCR

The US: Nothing - Invasion of privacy concerns (but maybe for foreign nationals?).

Thailand? Sing? Japan?

Australia, NZ, Singapore, China?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Australia, NZ, Singapore, China?
    Paranoia is more infectious than covid its seems.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Doesn't seem like you can just join if you use a site other than one they are running.

In Hong Kong, we sincerely invite all Hong Kong residents of all ages to join our study, so that we can collect blood samples to look for evidence of infection with COVID-19 as well as other respiratory viruses such as influenza in the community. In addition to determining the frequency of infection, we will also be able to determine how long immunity will last after infection. To achieve this, we will regularly monitor the health conditions of our study participants through questionnaires, blood draws and respiratory sample collection. When participants report acute respiratory symptoms, we will collect additional respiratory samples. To show our appreciation of the participant’s support, we will provide study participants with basic body check, supermarket coupons and free influenza rapid test. For more details please click here for the Participant Information Sheet or contact us directly
    https://epihk.sph.hku.hk/screening-eng

Not sure if this is the same thst was posted earlier. You can fill in their questionnaire and they will Co tact you.

I think it's different from the one posted by @Cheeky Kiwi

@Sage, you asked about level limits when I did my antibody test, someone somewhere has done a study:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...1251066v1.full

Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:

1) Vax proof
    2) Neg PCR

Thailand? Sing? Japan?
    For 3) Its a discharge letter or similar from the treating hospital stating recovered from Covid-19 and is now non - infectious and that includes relevent dates , IgG positivity and platform used , and discharge Ct value also with platform used . who knows why they need the platform details. Top tip is if you ever get asked the platform & don't know just answer "Abbott" lol