A Dangerous New Covid-19 Variant Detected In Oregon

Closed Thread

A Dangerous New Covid-19 Variant Detected In Oregon

https://www.forbes.com/sites/william...h=10c986e6b17e

I was just watching a report on CNN talking about a mutation of the Brazil variant. The majority of people in ICU there are now under 40, with near 5000 deaths yesterday.

Allowing for media hype and concentration on the negative, the variants are starting to concern me especially with record case numbers globally and vaccination not going as well as I hoped.

A good article for forbes.

However it makes an assumptive leap at the end:

Effective public health mitigation measures, surveillance, and rapid deployment of second-generation vaccines seem the only way to contain this ever more dangerous virus.

It already looks like the world is going to cope just fine with ongoing transmission whist hospitalised cases of those vaxxed drop off a cliff.

Based on everything presented in this article, there's little to suggest that current vax's are going to struggle to prevent serious cases.

'Potency' as a measure of efficacy should be driven by real world hospitalisation data and taken with a grain of salt when they're still measuring cells in a petri dish.