Like Tree247Likes

Singapore ATB - Wed, May 26th.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Not sure what the details are going to be. Watching the press conf, but have limited mental capacity to attempt to transcribe this one.

Will let Aaron do the hard work.

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/hongkong/atb/visitingsg

HK Requirements (for arrivals and returns) don't seem to be updated:

https://www.tourism.gov.hk/travel-bu.../hongkong.html
    7 days with no more than 5 untraceable cases...why do I have a sinking feeling that is not going to work?

Quote Originally Posted by hkaneshiro:
    good grief this is such a cr*p travel bubble
    I guess it may just be Monday, but my head hurts just reading the darn list.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    7 days with no more than 5 untraceable cases...why do I have a sinking feeling that is not going to work?
    - 7 day moving average of unknown source cases over 5, bubble cancelled for 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    - 7 day moving average of unknown source cases over 5, bubble cancelled for 2 weeks.
    Right, should have clarified moving average in my post. But good luck with that being able to work...

Lol, time spent in quarantine doesn't count for the 14 days you must have stayed in HK or Singapore before being eligible for the bubble. Do you have a higher risk of catching COVID in quarantine? In that case maybe we should do away with quarantine. Why does everything HK does have to be such a total shit show?

Sage and HK_Katherine like this.

Too much to do for a visit to Singapore.

Be more stressed out after the 'holiday'.

mysti, irisboards and FrancisX like this.

What a joke!

Again this proposal has never been a proper travel bubble. Here is what one actually looks like:

Quarantine-free travel

Quarantine-free travel allows more movement between New Zealand and safe zones in Australia. Travellers coming from safe zones will not be required to enter managed isolation or quarantine on arrival in New Zealand.
    WARNING
    Border rules can change quickly. Travellers must prepare for disruption to their plans.

To be eligible for quarantine-free travel, travellers must:

• meet immigration requirements, and
    • have spent 14 days in either Australia or New Zealand, and
    • not had a positive COVID-19 test result, or, for those who tested positive, have written advice from a health practitioner declaring that they are no longer infectious, and
    • not be awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, and
    • complete a travel declaration, and
    • answer questions about your health at departure.

So neither vaccination nor tests required! But that's irrelevant now as it's been "paused":

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...break-14682684

Original Post Deleted
    The requirements make no sense. If being vaccinated and having 2 tests proves you are not a risk then shouldn't that apply to everyone regardless of county of origin? It's either enough to safely travel without quarantine or it isn't.
    Sage likes this.

Where do I sign up?

Are the chances of the bubble bursting better than my chances of winning Mark 6?

HK_Katherine likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Yeah...and you can almost bet there is going to be a spike in cases right before the bubble starts. That always seem to happen, doesn't it?

As for positivity, hey who doesn't want travel to resume without so much restrictions? But one has to be realistic, no? Better to deal with cold hard facts than indulge in fantasies, right?
    caipiroska likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast