Like Tree14Likes

Covid Variant Cases - Spread Explained / Linked

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Covid Variant Cases - Spread Explained / Linked

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...8-20210505.htm

Clear overview of the story.

Thanks for the link - the local media have some stories about this, but this one is crystal clear - almost everyone involved lied (or "forgot")...

.... ....

Will existing vaccines remain effective?

Our analysis revealed that even though the N501Y mutant can bind and enter our cells more readily, it can still be neutralized by antibodies that block the entry of the unmutated version of the virus into cells.
    This is an important observation and adds to the growing body of evidence that the majority of antibodies elicited in our immune system by existing vaccines are likely to remain effective in protecting us against the B1.1.7 variant.

https://news.ubc.ca/2021/05/03/ubc-r...d-19-mutation/

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Thanks for the link - the local media have some stories about this, but this one is crystal clear - almost everyone involved lied (or "forgot")...
    But does it seem this all originated from one case caught from a 21 day hotel quarantine?

All the pain for these families...
    merchantms and East_coast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    But does it seem this all originated from one case caught from a 21 day hotel quarantine?

I should probably not kid about this, but there is a tendency to blame things on Indians in this town.
    mrgoodkat and hullexile like this.

I should probably not kid about this, but there is a tendency to blame things on Indians in this town.
    Oh, no no no, that's not what I was trying to say. I was trying to blame the government's policy. Gah shri, don't you learn anything from moderating these forums?

But yes, I suspect the information unveiling won't help any existing stereotypes among the public...

One more case linked ... preliminary positive.

https://std.stheadline.com/realtime/...8F%83%E5%8A%A0

One more case linked ... preliminary positive.
    my next door estate, can i go there and lick door handles and lift buttons. I need a 21 day break
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:

So vaccination on entry to the quarantine facility would almost certainly stopped this particular outbreak. Why does HK gov lack the charisma to get people to become vaccinated?
    Elegiaque and mrgoodkat like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast