Like Tree111Likes

Indian Engineer & Filipina Nurse - Charged

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Maybe because I know people who have died or have long term health problems from getting Covid in the US. I do not think this is a joke. However if I were in charge I would do anything to get people vaccinated as that’s the only real solution.

Quarantining and border controls are why we’ve never had a real wave. So if the local people won’t get vaccinated we’re stuck with it. Individual dissent by attending parties and then pretending you can’t remember it if you test positive is not going to do anything to get rid of the terrible policies here, and can actually harm far more people given past experience.
    PROTESTS and quarantine and border controls are why we never had a real wave....

So you agree the govt focus is wrong; agreed so do we all.

So therefore first port of call is the govt - direct your disapproval at them, because they're the ones encouraging people to be economical with the actualite.

Human behaviour is largely predictable, and it's the govt that keep ballsing it up.

No matter how responsible your citizenry, if you make the incentive to be responsible so much massively worse than the incentive to act in your own self interest, you are going to get shit outcomes and have MORE outbreaks (mini ones - there are no waves in HK) than there would be otherwise.

Responsibility starts at the top.

You've already seen how govt personnel are moving back and forth across the border repeatedly with no quarantine - You're ok with that?
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Your cell service provider knows where your Nokia has been.

I fondly remember a conversation years ago with a singaporean bloke who mentioned MinDef at work on contact tracing during SARs.
    hike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    PROTESTS and quarantine and border controls are why we never had a real wave....

So therefore first port of call is the govt - direct your disapproval at them, because they're the ones encouraging people to be economical with the actualite.

Human behaviour is largely predictable, and it's the govt that keep ballsing it up.

No matter how responsible your citizenry, if you make the incentive to be responsible so much massively worse than the incentive to act in your own self interest, you are going to get shit outcomes and have MORE outbreaks (mini ones - there are no waves in HK) than there would be otherwise.

You've already seen how govt personnel are moving back and forth across the border repeatedly with no quarantine - You're ok with that?
    Remind me where I can express my views to the government with any serious chance of being considered? Didn’t know they were keen to take on the views of foreign non-PRs regarding Covid policy.
    hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Your cell service provider knows where your Nokia has been.

I fondly remember a conversation years ago with a singaporean bloke who mentioned MinDef at work on contact tracing during SARs.
    *kick*... it is such an expected move.. that's why i think the singapore untraceable cases should be brought down quite quickly...

and mind you we are going 5G now where the cell sizes are even smaller... i suspect they can even have some triangulation algo built into the antenna for better performances (predictive handover ?)...
    shri likes this.

Remind me where I can express my views to the government with any serious chance of being considered? Didn’t know they were keen to take on the views of foreign non-PRs regarding Covid policy.
    Remind me how your views on the 2 charged can be expressed to the Justice department?

You're being criticised for the views you hold and expressed to us, nothing else.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

It ain't just government moving across the border large as you like no restrictions .
    Every single day I meet locals who have been up in China return and walk around Scot free under the return to Hong Kong scheme : not a small number either .

well hell if they can accept negative test from China and waive quarantine like a royal pardon then why not Australia for instance ?
    They arrange a positive and minimal hassle system when it darn well suits them
    Half all this nonsense requirements is politics ' pr ' whatever whatever
    Sage likes this.

Remind me how your views on the 2 charged can be expressed to the Justice department?

You're being criticised for the views you hold and expressed to us, nothing else.
    As I agree with them charging these two, what comments am o supposed to send them?

You don’t even half know what you’re talking about, finding arguments where there’s none to be found.
    mrgoodkat and shri like this.

As I agree with them charging these two, what comments am o supposed to send them?

You don’t even half know what you’re talking about, finding arguments where there’s none to be found.
    You're writing to the Denizens of Geoxpat about your thoughts on the matter, nobody else. If you really do want to kiss Teresa Cheng's ass then you can write via here:

Senior Court Prosecutor
    Prosecution Office
    Eastern Magistrates Law Courts Building
    29 Tai On Street
    Sai Wan Ho

I suggest something along the lines of:

----------------------

Dear Teresa

Thanks for all your really hard work in keeping the people of HK safe from injustice.

You're a fabulous role model for fair and open legal systems across the globe.

Those 2 immigrants who caught covid and attempted to protect their friends and families from incarceration are clearly the scum of the earth and should be locked away for a very long time to teach them not to mess with the chinese.

HK people can't stand foreigners bringing their filthy foreign diseases here, especially when there's no way to protect us from contracting said infections.

They deserve to have their liberty taken for what they've done.

Throw the book at them Teresa!

All my love

Merchy-poos

p.s. See you at the dance club on Saturday?

mrgoodkat and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    I think we can have some limited empathy for these people. However, I at least hope they told their friends that they had caught COVID so they could stay at home and self isolate (if they absolutely did not want to go to Penny's Bay) but it seems like they hadn't (as they went to a family gathering a few days later).

If a friend wanted to spare me from quarantine they could at least tell me I was at risk of exposure so I could limit my contacts...
    But no they are selfless freedom fighter heroes protecting their friends and overthrowing the government policies.

If they do infect their friends the lucky sods get sent to hospital where the food is much better. I can imagine on discharge from hospital the first thing they will do is rush to thank them.
    VillanElle likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5