Like Tree156Likes

Top officer in Hong Kong police national security unit caught in unlicensed massage parlour

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Of course he won't get scot-free, since he's getting a full front page on SCMP. But since there's been very obvious cases where this has not happened in fact, it kind of begs the question, WHY is this case so artificially raised, when there's been no real crime, when there's plenty of criminal behaviors that have been non discretely at all put under the rug.

Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    Of course he won't get scot-free, since he's getting a full front page on SCMP. But since there's been very obvious cases where this has not happened in fact, it kind of begs the question, WHY is this case so artificially raised, when there's been no real crime, when there's plenty of criminal behaviors that have been non discretely at all put under the rug.
    Only the CCP knows....

What kind of license do massage parlours need?

I would have assumed they just need a business registration license, the one you see hanging on the wall in most businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Yep, this is CCP playbook 101.
    Obviously only a Public Security Bureau can now take and fulfill the role properly...

can hong kong police force be trusted with the national security unit? better to bring in the real gong ans

BBC now reporting on it, which I'm sure some might use to point fingers to for their choice of reporting...
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-57082841

Sorry, I am truly a totally naive person... is there something "special" about unlicensed massage parlous? Does "unlicensed" mean they offer some extra perks?

aw451 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    can hong kong police force be trusted with the national security unit? better to bring in the real gong ans
    And the Cheng Guan while we are at it, they know how to shut down an unlicensed massage parlour

I'm mostly concerned if he used the LeaveHomeSafe app when he visited the unlicensed facility. If not we might need to quarantine a few sections of the police force for 21 days in Penny Bay..

TheBrit, Mefisto, hike and 9 others like this.

After the SCMP exclusive from the reporter known for pumping out police narratives, the latest updated headline from that publication for this article after drawing coverage from other publications is “may step down”. Feel free to draw your own conclusions.

My own is that office politics isn’t going to get less vicious when the stakes are higher under Leninist leadership.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast