Like Tree21Likes

CY vs Carrie?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna:
    As much as I hate Carrie, she's not actively and deliberately as evil and vengeful as CY. Carrie is heartless, cold and totally incapable / unwilling of independent thought....
    There you go... Ms Lam will be elected with an overwhelming majority in this scenario.
    cookie09 and greenmark like this.

There you go... Ms Lam will be elected with an overwhelming majority in this scenario.
    Universal suffrage under the 2014 formula achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Gravitas:
    Ah yes the man who's actions launched the Occupy Hong Kong movement, maybe second time round he can start the revolution the CCP desperately fears.
    And who indirectly increased the popularity of HK independence and localism and more. Such a talented person.

Was reading an article about someone who migrated to Canada following his election in 2012, in hindsight they got out at the right time.

It all makes sense. Present someone that is potentially even worse than Carrie. Then Beijing will say, look CY might be even worse, so Carrie will keeps her job.

To be honest, it really doesn't matter who will be the next CE now. Everything is decided in Beijing. Heck. they could pick a beggar off the streets as the CE, dressed him up and order him to read from a script and nobody will notice any difference. I'm exaggerating of course, but you get my point.

Last edited by Coolboy; 27-05-2021 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    It all makes sense. Present someone that is potentially even worse than Carrie. Then Beijing will say, look CY might be even worse, so Carrie will keeps her job.

To be honest, it really doesn't matter who will be the next CE now. Everything is decided in Beijing. Heck. they could pick a beggar off the streets as the CE, dressed him up and order him to read from a script and nobody will notice any difference. I'm exaggerating of course, but you get my point.
    It’s all about how the message is delivered. Carrie will repeat things ad nauseum while you play bingo to convince you that a certain policy is necessary while CY Leung will point to non patriotic elements and spin it in his favour.

Re-appointing CY would be the ultimate spiteful FY move from Beijing to the HK people, so much so that I can actually picture them doing it. Wonder if there would be some resistance out on the streets again or if NFL has shut that one 100%.

Mefisto likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Can you point to any good policies of Carrie or CY?

Original Post Deleted
    You are exactly the right person to answer this question. The last 9 years they have been in the CE position. There must be one good policy you can think of.

Original Post Deleted
    He started to normalise the reshaping of a legislature away from a deliberative body to what we have now

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ed-reform-vote

Original Post Deleted
    Jasper Tsang was last active for a political party 13 years ago. Your 4 years of local on the ground knowledge is quite insightful.
    Mefisto likes this.