Like Tree14Likes

BioNTech - 12+ can get vaccinated in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BioNTech - 12+ can get vaccinated in HK

The Department of Health on Tuesday said it had received an application from Fosun Pharma on Saturday to lower the minimum age for the Comirnaty vaccine to 12, along with phase three clinical trial data.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...6-20210602.htm
    Beanieskis likes this.

Seems to be approved.

It is understood that the members of the Government’s New Coronary Vaccine Advisory Committee have unanimously agreed to lower the lower limit of the vaccination age for Fubitel’s New Coronary Vaccine, from the current 16 to 12 years.

Xu Shuchang, one of the committee members and a government expert adviser, said this morning that all committee members support lowering the vaccination age of Fubitai to 12 years old. The Secretary for Food and Health, Chen Zhaoshi, pointed out that the authorities have also studied BioNTech's new crown vaccination age to be reduced to 12 years old. If it is implemented, it will discuss the detailed arrangements with the Education Bureau.
    https://std.stheadline.com/realtime/...%B312%E6%AD%B2

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Has been approved elsewhere as well so seems good to go. Would let my two have it (12 and 14) especially if it gets them back to school

Good news, one more chunk of the population covered.

Are there trials ongoing for younger children?

Sith likes this.

For the kids, is it "emergency approved" or " FDA normal circumstances approval ?
    can someone send the link for the clinical trial studies for the kids ?

Vrindavan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    For the kids, is it "emergency approved" or " FDA normal circumstances approval ?
    can someone send the link for the clinical trial studies for the kids ?
    Google is your friend..

The companies plan to submit these data to the FDA and EMA for a requested amendment to the Emergency Use Authorization of BNT162b2 and the EU Conditional Marketing Authorization for COMIRNATY® to expand use in adolescents 12-15 years of age as quickly as possible. All participants in the trial will continue to be monitored for long-term protection and safety for an additional two years after their second dose.
    https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-re...esults-pivotal

To add to that, I don't think any of the vaccines have the normal approval..

calmathetic9 likes this.

You know, a handful of old people I know or in the news who have been vaccinated have since died of their old age or other illnesses. Those vaccines they received are now totally "useless" to society or no longer an "active" vaccine helping to raise the number of vaccinated individuals. So, from my armchair, it seems the younger the population is that gets vaccinated, the more long-term those vaccines can have a positive effect in society. I think this is good news.

I wonder how parents feel and if there will be a lot of uptake.

Jillypots likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    Good news, one more chunk of the population covered.

Are there trials ongoing for younger children?
    Yes I believe so. I think Pfizer have said they could seek authorisation for 2+ in the autumn and 6months - 2 years by the end of the year.
    shri and Sith like this.

Thanks.

On another note, when is the FDA going to officially approve and license it. . I mean, It has had over 14 months to approve. What's taking so long. As written in the article you sent.

"The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, BNT162b2, has not been approved or licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for use in individuals 16 years of age and older. T

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast