Like Tree142Likes

6th Aug: Vaccination Lucky Draws

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna:
    I don't understand the MTR offer of 500 annual passes, totalling HKD10 milliom - that's HKD20,000 per pass or almost HKD55 worth of travel for every day of the year??
    And anyway, what annual pass? I can't find such pass available on their website, only different monthly passes (which in themselves are pretty useless as they are limited to certain lines/routes only).
    They sell daily tickets for tourists (non-residents) at $65 - the prizes are presumably special tickets not available at retail. It also wouldn't surprise me if they had corporate daily/monthly/etc tickets also not available at retail...

MTR > Tourist Tickets

Do FDH also benefit from this? Can they get to win an apartment/100K HK$?
    EDIT: Nevermind: For the apartment, only PR, for the 100K cash, any resident.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    Do FDH also benefit from this? Can they get to win an apartment/100K HK$?
    EDIT: Nevermind: For the apartment, only PR, for the 100K cash, any resident.
    Seems like quite a few, if not most are open to "residents". Some which might have regulatory issues - like property being the most obvious are restricted to PRs. (Also a couple of tight arse companies are restricting to PRs).

I am still surprised that there is only one apartment being given away so far.

Wonder if the Jockey club will be allowed to run a $100M snowball ... for vaxxed account holders.. I think that will fix the problem with low numbers.
    timonoj, chuckster007 and tf19 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Seems like quite a few, if not most are open to "residents". Some which might have regulatory issues - like property being the most obvious are restricted to PRs. (Also a couple of tight arse companies are restricting to PRs).

I am still surprised that there is only one apartment being given away so far.

Wonder if the Jockey club will be allowed to run a $100M snowball ... for vaxxed account holders.. I think that will fix the problem with low numbers.
    Lol...yeah that would help probably. Following Mark 6 chances it might be easier to get a trip to Mars, but still would attract lots of eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Updated here: https://geoexpat.com/forum/415/threa...ml#post3805660

Henderson Land's new offer seems to be good. Rest are random trinkets...
    Hi Shri, seems a couple of links are dead...
    HK General Chambers, Henderson Land (even the Chinese version won't load anything specific). I guess they backtracked on their announcements maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    Hi Shri, seems a couple of links are dead...
    HK General Chambers, Henderson Land (even the Chinese version won't load anything specific). I guess they backtracked on their announcements maybe?
    Nah, no need to start a conspiracy theory..

I suspect there might be some language / url issues.

Have edited the links - should work now.
    Andy SNK likes this.

And there you have it. Today, someone trying to "sell" an apartment to me made a lousy argument that there is a flat in like no-where Kwun Tung with only like 400 sq/ft forTEN MILLION! So obviously, asking price of the flat for sale was REALLY GOOD (asking price being of course 50% higher than it was bought for 4 years ago... )

So are these lucky draws are just marketing ploys.

But I really do agree... all fucking four of our property monopolies should at least be offering an apartment. So greedy... Who wants junk that'll be trashed in a few years when you could have a $10M 400 sq/ft concrete block!

shri and angeluscomplex like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    there is a flat in like no-where Kwun Tung with only like 400 sq/ft forTEN MILLION!
    I actually go past this building on my way to the office daily and its done up very nicely from the outside, not sure how shit is inside but this place looks so out of place as its smack in the middle and surrounded by shitty building all around it.

MTR station nearby and under the building is BUS and MINIBUS depot but still aint worth 10.8 Mil lol

Win and sell immediately for 10 mil - 800K price reduction LOL
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Everything is not worth anything. Lets not bicker on value in 2021, money is created out of thin air, bitcoin hit 60k, etc..

Id be happy to win this apartment and even happier to sell it after.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    I actually go past this building on my way to the office daily and its done up very nicely from the outside, not sure how shit is inside but this place looks so out of place as its smack in the middle and surrounded by shitty building all around it.

MTR station nearby and under the building is BUS and MINIBUS depot but still aint worth 10.8 Mil lol

Win and sell immediately for 10 mil - 800K price reduction LOL
    Never mind, now every expat looking to sell their flat at record high prices will cite this free apartment as justification for their imaginary value of their own flat.
    shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast