Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By chuckster007
  • 2 Post By MABinPengChau

Compassionate Visa into Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Compassionate Visa into Hong Kong

Unfortunately, a close UK friend (HK Permanent Resident) has contracted cancer and sees end of life activities happening sooner rather than later. His doctor applied and received 2 "compassionate Visas" for his sons to come from abroad to come here in HK in July without the 3 week quarantine requirement. However, in deeper investigation, his sons are "anti-vaxers" and have not received or even wanted any vaccine shots. Will they be prohibited from entering HK without Quarantine? This is not an easily broached subject. Anyone with experience?

Quote Originally Posted by natron:
    Unfortunately, a close UK friend (HK Permanent Resident) has contracted cancer and sees end of life activities happening sooner rather than later. His doctor applied and received 2 "compassionate Visas" for his sons to come from abroad to come here in HK in July without the 3 week quarantine requirement. However, in deeper investigation, his sons are "anti-vaxers" and have not received or even wanted any vaccine shots. Will they be prohibited from entering HK without Quarantine? This is not an easily broached subject. Anyone with experience?
    Probably not. I doubt the quarantine exemption was conditional on being vaccinated. Vaccinated travellers get no exemption and most people in HK are anti-vaxx, at least regarding the COVID vaccine.

Wow really... someone got a quarantine free entry into HK? Man... I've just let my family go without any good byes because I was facing a 3 week quarantine to come back to my home, HK, if I had left. And totally vaccinated by the HK government.

Quote Originally Posted by natron:
    His doctor applied and received 2 "compassionate Visas" for his sons to come from abroad to come here in HK in July without the 3 week quarantine requirement.
    I highly doubt that they will be allowed into HK without quarantine, others have come back to see sick family members or attend funerals but all have still had to do quarantine, they only allow them to go out and come back to the quarantine hotel, accompanied by CHP staff.

Coming to HK vaxed or non vaxed is not a requirement, they only need to have been tested and have the right test reports to be allowed to board the plane.
    shri and MABinPengChau like this.

If they want to get in without quarantine, they need to apply as executives of a mainland company or somesuch, that's about the only way. Heck, they are lucky they are even getting the visa, HK government hasn't demonstrated a whole lot of compassion during covid-19...

shri and Mrs. Jones like this.