Like Tree88Likes

Another Beaten Maid

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

The neighbours's maid et al. presumably didn't do anything because she didn't want her slaveowners to find out and mete out the same treatment to her.

A secondary school teacher - sick.

Anyone found an English version of the story?

Sickening

Power corrupts.

There should not be a maid, or a domestic helper industry anywhere in the world.

The majority of HK people will will not treat their helpers like this in case of repercussions that the helper also takes it out physically on the kids because there have been cases (such as the bleach in bath water for a baby, or putting baby's hand in boiling oil which has happened)

This employer has serious mental health issues and her kids are also in danger.

There should be a system where newly arrived helpers for the first 3 months must check in with the consulate every month. If that was the case then at least this poor helper can ask for help.

I cannot believe that this is a primary school teacher ! Absolutely terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    The majority of HK people will will not treat their helpers like this in case of repercussions that the helper also takes it out physically on the kids because there have been cases (such as the bleach in bath water for a baby, or putting baby's hand in boiling oil which has happened)

This employer has serious mental health issues and her kids are also in danger.

There should be a system where newly arrived helpers for the first 3 months must check in with the consulate every month. If that was the case then at least this poor helper can ask for help.

I cannot believe that this is a primary school teacher ! Absolutely terrible.
    I like the idea of the consulate check for the first three months.

Less keen on the first bit, sounds like you are saying employers would beat their helpers if they weren't worried about the helper taking it out on the kids. I am sure the majority of employers would never beat their helpers and the majority of helpers would not take it out on the kids because both sides are human beings.

I think that applies to all employers, expat employers, too. Both employers and helpers need to treat each other with respect. But if some have mental illness .....or are pyschotic....and that applies to both employer and helper....

What happened to this helper is terrible and not acceptable.

But yes, HK people are afraid of repercussions on their children so they will not scold the helper or treat the helper badly. (unless they are pyschotic )

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ddlers-hand-in

Original Post Deleted
    Sorry, I am.obviously going blind.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast