View Poll Results: What SVF will you use to get your 5K?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alipay

17 15.74%
  • Octopus

61 56.48%
  • TapNGo

9 8.33%
  • WeChat

0 0%
  • Bitcoin

3 2.78%
  • Not Eligible!

18 16.67%
Like Tree310Likes

HK$ 5K Consumption Voucher Press Conference

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23
    Hey everyone.
    Currently I am doing my 21 day quarantine.
    I’ve already added $2,000 to my octopus card. However the question is does anyone here have any Hong Kong retail experience when accepting Octopus payments.
    The reason I am asking is my dad has an elder card and he said that I can have his consumption voucher as he won’t be going back to HK in time.
    Obviously I am not going to travel with it but I was wondering if I use it for purchases such as clothes and food, would it flag up on the system that I am paying with an elder Octopus card? Or the information doesn’t show up to the cashier because it’s irrelevant as there no discount for elders at clothes and food shops that accept Octopus?
    I have seen from previous posts that Hong Kong residents who not going back to Hong Kong gave let their friends use their consumption voucher.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolguyalan:
    Hey everyone.
    Currently I am doing my 21 day quarantine.
    I’ve already added $2,000 to my octopus card. However the question is does anyone here have any Hong Kong retail experience when accepting Octopus payments.
    The reason I am asking is my dad has an elder card and he said that I can have his consumption voucher as he won’t be going back to HK in time.
    Obviously I am not going to travel with it but I was wondering if I use it for purchases such as clothes and food, would it flag up on the system that I am paying with an elder Octopus card? Or the information doesn’t show up to the cashier because it’s irrelevant as there no discount for elders at clothes and food shops that accept Octopus?
    I have seen from previous posts that Hong Kong residents who not going back to Hong Kong gave let their friends use their consumption voucher.
    Thanks.
    It makes no difference, HK retailers simply don’t care. Fill yer boots.

Stupid question, I get the SMS that the voucher is ready for collection. I thought it would be added to my Octopus automatically but seems that is not the case. How do I “collect” it?

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    Stupid question, I get the SMS that the voucher is ready for collection. I thought it would be added to my Octopus automatically but seems that is not the case. How do I “collect” it?
    if you have the octopus app you can process it from here. Just follow the instructions it's pretty straight forward. Or you can collect it in MTR stations.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    As above in the octopus app or MTR stations and collection points or at a handful of retail outlets.

https://voucher.octopus.com.hk/en/overview/index.html

3rd consumption voucher just collected via Octopus app.

shri and Tom007 like this.

I'm trying to get the last $1000 voucher, however it says I've not yet used the full $4000 yet, (it says cumulative spending is $3300/$4000) but the balance of the octopus card is $10. This doesn't make sense. I've already used the full $4000 but it's only showing as used $3300 and now it says I have to spend the balance $700 by 28th Feb.

There's only $10 balance in the card, so how can I spend $700? Is it expecting me to put in $700, spend it by 28th Feb then I can get the last $1k. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by tropic:
    I'm trying to get the last $1000 voucher, however it says I've not yet used the full $4000 yet, (it says cumulative spending is $3300/$4000) but the balance of the octopus card is $10. This doesn't make sense. I've already used the full $4000 but it's only showing as used $3300 and now it says I have to spend the balance $700 by 28th Feb.

There's only $10 balance in the card, so how can I spend $700? Is it expecting me to put in $700, spend it by 28th Feb then I can get the last $1k. Any advice?
    Some spendings are not eligible so you have to add 700 and spend on eligible products. Ineligible spendings are among others payments to gov, utilities, education expenses etc.

See under F using of consumption vouchers:
    https://www.consumptionvoucher.gov.hk/en/faqs.html
    Last edited by Drunken Master; 05-02-2022 at 12:22 PM.
    tropic and shri like this.