Like Tree54Likes

HSBC HK - Overseas Use (Terms & Conditions)

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hkemail888:
    manipulating LIBOR, fined for manipulating precious metals / spoofing, fined for manipulating FX, fined for selling minibonds sh*t, fined for dealing with dodgy entities etc
    its 2021 guys - just switch bank already
    sorry, to which bank that has not done all these dodgy businesses ?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    What happened to calling and waiting for a response before publishing.. What happened to just taking a breath and asking someone who deals with these sort of legal disclaimers?
    and lose the scoop you had ? hmm.. how much integrity are there in media these days.
    traineeinvestor and hike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by swhk07:
    Instead, what actually transpired is that the rumours have been swiftly shut down and everyone's moved on within a few hours (this is in spite of an explanation from HSBC that is not technically true
    Well - an "explanation" came but the t&c have not been further amended for clarity, or to remove ambiguity haven't they?
    MatthieuTofu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    Well - an "explanation" came but the t&c have not been further amended for clarity, or to remove ambiguity haven't they?
    Comparable with the new immigration law that will be in effect from Aug 1. Govt has clarified that it wouldn’t been used as an exit ban but refused to put it in writing.

Similarly, wouldn’t blame people for over panicking about this either.
    Gatts, Coolboy and alexdown like this.

I absolutely blame the media in this case. What happened to calling and waiting for a response before publishing.. What happened to just taking a breath and asking someone who deals with these sort of legal disclaimers?

Anyways.. Glad we can move on to something new to be outraged about.
    Absolutely on the money.

100% on a media for which click bait headlines are vastly more important than factually correct reporting.

Currently outside HK and can confirm no changes whatsoever to my online banking experience with HSBC.
    Shiojiri Hiro and Kowloon72 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Currently outside HK and can confirm no changes whatsoever to my online banking experience with HSBC.
    If they have to do something, of course they won't do it the day after they change the t&c la... /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Absolutely on the money.

100% on a media for which click bait headlines are vastly more important than factually correct reporting.

What was factually incorrect about the reporting?

The fact is that HSBC added the phrase: "Don’t use, download or distribute Online or Mobile Banking outside Hong Kong S.A.R." This phrase was not present in either of the previous terms and conditions.

I'm also of the opinion that HSBC will not enforce this but the reporting is factually correct.

What was factually incorrect about the reporting?

The fact is that HSBC added the phrase: "Don’t use, download or distribute Online or Mobile Banking outside Hong Kong S.A.R." This phrase was not present in either of the previous terms and conditions.

I'm also of the opinion that HSBC will not enforce this but the reporting is factually correct.
    "don't use" v/s

Name:  Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 9.24.07 PM.png
Views: 838
Size:  50.5 KB
    traineeinvestor and drumbrake like this.

"don't use" v/s

I think that entire paragraph is also new? (Or at least I couldn’t see that when I quickly scanned through)

I think that entire paragraph is also new? (Or at least I couldn’t see that when I quickly scanned through)
    Yeah, if only people would take the time to read before going nuts...

4.4 in the mobile app T&C that you linked..

The Mobile Banking app may only be installed and used by our customers. It is not intended for download, or use by, any person who is not already our customer or in any jurisdiction where such download or use would be contrary to any law or regulation of such jurisdiction or where we are not licensed or authorized to provide the Mobile Banking app or the related services.

Yeah, if only people would take the time to read before going nuts...

4.4 in the mobile app T&C that you linked..
    I stand corrected. But I’m sure you took a while to find that .