Like Tree57Likes

Serology Antibody Test at the Airport

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Serology Antibody Test at the Airport

Is there any news of the Serology Antibody Test being available at the airport yet?

Depending on the implementation progress of the relevant facilities, the Government will implement the second-phase arrangements within July to provide self-paid serology antibody testing service for inbound travellers at the airport. According to the above arrangements, the compulsory quarantine period for those with a serology antibody positive result will be shortened to seven days, and the entry to Hong Kong by relevant non-Hong Kong residents will be relaxed. The operational details of the measures concerned will be announced in due course.
    From https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/i...gyAntibodyTest

No date has been announced yet.

drumbrake likes this.

I don't think there is any news yet, but just checking if anyone knows better.

Probably not happening soon, as the motherland is more important:

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...gtype=homepage

Flip-flop flip-flop.

Shouldn't this article really state Carrie has been told by Beijing to forget the idea of improved terms for fully vaccinated travellers with proven antigen results because they may still harbour infection after 180 days?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Probably not happening soon, as the motherland is more important:

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...gtype=homepage
    This is a different thing though, the serology test at the airport is part of another plan, for people of group B-C-D countries (not from high-risk countries).
    Yesterday in the HK quarantine support group on fb two different people said that they were told by a "reliable CHP source" that the plan of implementing the serology test at the airport is still ongoing and that they are still targeting end of July. Not sure if this is true, but I hope so.

But isn't it a catch 22.?
    You need a confirmed paid for quarantine hotel reservation for 21days to board .
    And if you get a positive serology and shorter quarantine well you sure as hell won't get your hotel fee refund for the balance .
    So either way you still pay up the full Say three weeks stay in a quarantine hotel .

I've got a serology test upcoming tomorrow (Prenetics). And a 7 day QT booking starting late Aug. All being well and no moves onto the A1/A2 list I think that gets me home from my upcoming trip.

The testing at the airport is surely only really for non residents or returnees who have been away a long time. Otherwise just get your test done before departure. Agree that it only works if there is hotel capacity, otherwise you pay for 14/21 and the hotel cashes in.

hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    I've got a serology test upcoming tomorrow (Prenetics). And a 7 day QT booking starting late Aug. All being well and no moves onto the A1/A2 list I think that gets me home from my upcoming trip.

The testing at the airport is surely only really for non residents or returnees who have been away a long time. Otherwise just get your test done before departure. Agree that it only works if there is hotel capacity, otherwise you pay for 14/21 and the hotel cashes in.
    I'm a returnee who went away just before the new policy was announced. So, counting in weeks rather than months. If the test does start operating in the airport, I think I'd be OK with losing the money on the hotel in return for me being allowed out. My hotel has been flexible so far with one booking change. Perhaps they'll negotiate if I am able to leave earlier - in some ways I am sympathetic with the hotel. If I leave after a week, they'll find it hard to replace me with just a few days notice.
    mrgoodkat and shri like this.

drumbrake likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast