Like Tree152Likes

Carrie Lam - 2/Aug - Covid Announcements

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but have they announced a way for GEP visa holders from high risk countries into the country? I have two friends, one from the UK and one from the Philippines, who have been offered jobs and have been issued GEP visas, but neither of them can still come to HK unless they do a "washout" in lower risk countries?

Unbelievable nearly 2 months with no local cases and still unable to relax social distancing measures? How long is enough? 3 months, 6 months, 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    Unbelievable nearly 2 months with no local cases and still unable to relax social distancing measures? How long is enough? 3 months, 6 months, 5 years?

I would keep all social distancing measures if A) school can be normal and B) I can have some assurance that if I get on a flight to visit family the country won’t be banned before returning

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:

Agree.......they use the excuse that the global pandemic situation is still not stable and HK being a well connected international city as the reason. They don't seem to realise that the very stringent quarantine and entry rules are the barrier against this external threat and therefore this cannot be used as a reason to maintain restrictions within HK.
    dossier, Sith, bigtooth81 and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I was confused too. https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...45QY662oquKj88

Quote Originally Posted by statman:
    Agree.......they use the excuse that the global pandemic situation is still not stable and HK being a well connected international city as the reason. They don't seem to realise that the very stringent quarantine and entry rules are the barrier against this external threat and therefore this cannot be used as a reason to maintain restrictions within HK.
    The vaccination rate is not high enough yet. I am baffled - do you want Delta to hit HK with only 40% vaccinated, a third of which have Sinovac? In our tiny crammed apartment buildings? It will be a nightmare.

The number one mistake this government made was not putting everything into vaccination early. Until that’s resolved we’re stuck. Forcing civil servants and teachers to get jabbed will help.

hike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I would keep all social distancing measures if A) school can be normal and B) I can have some assurance that if I get on a flight to visit family the country won’t be banned before returning
    Agree with the schooling and as much as I miss traveling the priority should always be relaxing social distancing. That’s the first thing they should do and in my opinion should have done so already. They catch the imported cases at the border/quarantine (except for the exemptions) so at least give everyone their normal live back (besides traveling) and the local businesses can at least survive.
    hongkong7 and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    The vaccination rate is not high enough yet. I am baffled - do you want Delta to hit HK with only 40% vaccinated, a third of which have Sinovac? In our tiny crammed apartment buildings? It will be a nightmare.

The number one mistake this government made was not putting everything into vaccination early. Until that’s resolved we’re stuck. Forcing civil servants and teachers to get jabbed will help.

As @statman already said that’s why there are restrictions on traveling with the quarantine. Delta has to be imported to infect anyone here.

The number one mistake this government made was not putting everything into vaccination early.
    They should have given consumption vouchers to ALL residents who are fully vaccinated - not "all permanent residents".
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Anti body testing starting in August..

https://twitter.com/JournoDannyAero/...304188418?s=20
    August, but which year ....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast