Like Tree2502Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 107 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast
    Too few students...

Class size is the main factor in quality.

In other news, apartments demolished for having too much space?

mrgoodkat and Coolboy like this.

For those of you working in larger offices, any trend of people leaving HK?

I can see a clear trend over the past few months in my office that people from western countries are throwing in the towel. Basically they went back this summer to Europe realized how nice it is and came back to HK realizing how not nice it is. Some people with kids were in the opposite situation, due to quarantine rules for small kids they could not go back and with no end in sight, the towel was again thrown in.

This trend is stronger than locals relocating to UK etc, which happened a bit earlier this year (in fairly small numbers in my bank).

I haven't noticed a material change of people leaving and those that have left are mostly locals / BNOs. Surprisingly not a single Brit in our office has left to my recollection.

The biggest challenge we have with headcount is the lack of incoming hires... pre-protests and pandemic, 30% of our new hires came from overseas, including from up north. Now it's probably less than 3%.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    I haven't noticed a material change of people leaving and those that have left are mostly locals / BNOs. Surprisingly not a single Brit in our office has left to my recollection.

The biggest challenge we have with headcount is the lack of incoming hires... pre-protests and pandemic, 30% of our new hires came from overseas, including from up north. Now it's probably less than 3%.
    Were these experienced hires? Is the job market really that tight at the moment for hiring experienced professionals?

Numbers dont lie and the amount of people leaving compared to those arriving with pets is around 20-1 this year with around 80% being BNO to UK.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Numbers dont lie and the amount of people leaving compared to those arriving with pets is around 20-1 this year with around 80% being BNO to UK.
    Where do you find this pets statistics?

(in response to tothemoon above)

Presumably the new hires are from the mainland?

For the reason of self-interest, I'd love to know the details too.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Where do you find this pets statistics?
    I dont find them as we are a pet transportation company and we dont need to publish them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    this can obviously be interpreted as twenty isolated cases of people taking their pets to England with them for short term student exchanges, while millions of other people with pets are flooding to Hong Kong, but have patronised an unnamed rival company…

…Oops, I am practising for my interview for government spokesperson. Apologies!

failing that I can apply for masters program in creative writing
    Paxbritannia and z754103 like this.

Wrong post

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 107 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast