Like Tree1707Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ph1lW:
    ...Hiring proces taking months and all candidates pulling out because they have accepted jobs elsewhere.
    Please come to an interview in our HK office! It comes with an all-expenses paid two-week retreat at the second-rate hotel of your limited choice...

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Please come to an interview in our HK office! It comes with an all-expenses paid two-week retreat at the second-rate hotel of your limited choice...
    And possibly an added complimentary stay beyond that at Penny’s Bay or at a hospital itself. *special deal currently available on select floors at the Sheraton Four Points.

Quote Originally Posted by timothwc:
    this can obviously be interpreted as twenty isolated cases of people taking their pets to England with them for short term student exchanges, while millions of other people with pets are flooding to Hong Kong, but have patronised an unnamed rival company…

…Oops, I am practising for my interview for government spokesperson. Apologies!

failing that I can apply for masters program in creative writing
    I know you were joking, but the cost of moving animals out of HK is so extortionate that even the very rich will think twice!! Also, why do you assume everyone is relocating to England? Plenty of other countries to move to…,……….
    shri likes this.

I live in Tung Chung, so pretty much any airline staff I know have either left/leaving/or planning on leaving. Even the ones with a well paying job are leaving. I do not know how HK will solve the staff shortage once/if they reopen, but the industry is relatively small and they know each other, I'm gathering not many will come back and we will get crap pilots from the great bay area!

The protests started the exodus but the Covid situation is the last nail in the coffin.

Sage and Jillypots like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    I live in Tung Chung, so pretty much any airline staff I know have either left/leaving/or planning on leaving. Even the ones with a well paying job are leaving. I do not know how HK will solve the staff shortage once/if they reopen, but the industry is relatively small and they know each other, I'm gathering not many will come back and we will get crap pilots from the great bay area!

The protests started the exodus but the Covid situation is the last nail in the coffin.
    Mainlanders, don't you know.

Part of the great plan.
    qhank and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Mainlanders, don't you know.

Part of the great plan.
    Do they want to come though? They have been taught that HK is a nasty swamp full of evil people.

Wait for 5 years, narrative will change, taking over HK and not letting it go astray like other old cousin will be patriotic duty to great motherland and if nothing else, money is the biggest motivator anyway..

shri, AsianXpat0, Baklava and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Wait for 5 years, narrative will change, taking over HK and not letting it go astray like other old cousin will be patriotic duty to great motherland and if nothing else, money is the biggest motivator anyway..
    Not if they still have to pay taxes to the mainland on their local HK income...

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Not if they still have to pay taxes to the mainland on their local HK income...
    Haven't checked in detail but i think its still a grey area and not sure if its implemented to full extent for private sector yet. Also there is/will be DTA to avoid double taxation depending on residence status in the long run so most likely won't be any different from expats coming from other parts of the world!!

BTW, China is good at making first-copy of everything US/World does, isn't it!!!

https://www.eca-international.com/in...mainland-china
    Last edited by ndt; 15-11-2021 at 11:07 AM.

Trends in investment banking / hedge funds are similar across all functions. The number of people relocating to Singapore or Europe has accelerated over the past year or so, many families with children unable to schedule holidays to see family, or smaller companies relocating altogether because of business constraints.

Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 ... LastLast