Like Tree1707Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Page 25 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jillypots:
    I hope HK doesn’t start following China’s Covid policies, or there’ll be a lot less dogs to move:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-in-quarantine
    The Heung Yee Kuk dogs will use their clout to prevent anything of the sort.
    Jillypots likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Wait for 5 years, narrative will change, taking over HK and not letting it go astray like other old cousin will be patriotic duty to great motherland and if nothing else, money is the biggest motivator anyway..
    HK was never the problem, but rather foreign forces which have been taken care of by NSL

Quote Originally Posted by hike:
    The Heung Yee Kuk dogs will use their clout to prevent anything of the sort.
    Huh? Thought they were quite anti-animal, because there's no shame to be had in complaining endlessly about the shit left on their glorious concrete from their ancestors abandoned animals.

Quote Originally Posted by tropic:
    If there's one good thing that comes from all this, hopefully it's lower property prices across HK. Half off would be nice.
    Yes! By half! (and it'd still be a crap deal of four cramped concrete walls).
    AsianXpat0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    But but but ... free healthcare and all that!
    Also a deteriorated quality in many of the non covid related health services provide by hospital authority over past year in particular . Just many small things not done now with covid as excuse . No one biggie but they add up .
    Department of health service even worse because so many staff deployed on nonsense covid stuff . Example :blow out times for cervical smears due to reduced staff hours budget diversion and lack ancillary staff all doing covid work . Social hygiene and dermatology the same . Excellent new treatment for psoriasis at the moment . Three year wait or more to see the dermatologist and even then you won't get it as no budget for it . Plenty of dosh and staff overtime for rounding up covid contacts at all hours though

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    What does that mean? Comer bank obviously never had a headquarter in HK, and there operations were always pretty small.
    ya if the highlight is commerz bank.. then its not much of a list... i know guys like westpac and henders (spelling?) bank are out also. Westpac probably has the larger operation of the few. Commerze always wanted to do stuffs around but not that well planned from all the interaction i had with them across different business areas.... so departure is not that much a surprised.

I didn't even know Westpac existed in HK, thought they were just a domestic bank in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    I didn't even know Westpac existed in HK, thought they were just a domestic bank in Australia
    They were taking their own name too seriously, time to call themselves Southwestpac. It even fits with their history better.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    well, they were here until their Singapore Corp bankers burnt like 300 or 500m usd lending to a bankrupt commodity trader and caught their HQ totally by surprised.. so they reviewed and decided to pull out of HK, and moved their regional HQ to, well, you know, Singapore.
    Jillypots and qhank like this.

So Singaporean incompetence prompted Westpac to relocate from HK to Singapore. lol

hike and qhank like this.

Page 25 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast