Like Tree1707Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 34 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    So Singaporean incompetence prompted Westpac to relocate from HK to Singapore. lol
    Well played, well played indeed..

ok some numeric mismatch.. sorry for my memory.. it was hsbc that lost 600m but westpac did lose some

https://www.crikey.com.au/2020/04/22...t-coronavirus/

anyway, even though those losses were not mentioned as deciding point for their move, we were discussing with westpac about a loan up till the loss was announced, and immediately westpac pulled back and did a review of their business.. then decided to close hk and move our relationship to singapore...

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Huh? Thought they were quite anti-animal, because there's no shame to be had in complaining endlessly about the shit left on their glorious concrete from their ancestors abandoned animals.
    They breed most “local” dogs that one finds in pet shops. They run an association which along with SPCA are the only two organisations that provide the legal training for breeders to register themselves.

Then there are their own dogs that help them guard government land that they have taken as their own, etc

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    Also a deteriorated quality in many of the non covid related health services provide by hospital authority over past year in particular . Just many small things not done now with covid as excuse . No one biggie but they add up .
    Department of health service even worse because so many staff deployed on nonsense covid stuff . Example :blow out times for cervical smears due to reduced staff hours budget diversion and lack ancillary staff all doing covid work . Social hygiene and dermatology the same . Excellent new treatment for psoriasis at the moment . Three year wait or more to see the dermatologist and even then you won't get it as no budget for it . Plenty of dosh and staff overtime for rounding up covid contacts at all hours though
    Doublebase skin care range available online works wonders for me.

Also use Sebamed (local chemist, not cheap but works) Head and Shoulders works too. Also a big fan of glycerine, which really surprised me. No other oils cut the mustard.

Admittedly mine was never at clinical levels but my elbows used to crack and bleed which was pretty unsightly in a work shirt!

if you met me in the street you’d never know I suffer. I do have one patch on my outer thigh which is putting up fierce resistance but is 90 percent better than it ever was.
    hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    So Singaporean incompetence prompted Westpac to relocate from HK to Singapore. lol
    Aussie incompetence ... They've fucked themselves over... a few times...

Financial crime regulator AUSTRAC last week accused Westpac of 23 million breaches of anti-money laundering laws, including allowing payments between known child exploiters, triggering calls for Mr Hartzer's resignation.
    https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/ban...dering-scandal
    qhank likes this.

There were 24,000 applications for the BN(O) route in Q3 of 2021, with 21,037 out of country applications, and 2,900 in country applications. There have been a total of 88,800 applications for the BN(O) route since its introduction on 31st January up to 30th September 2021.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...est-statistics
    qhank likes this.

It would be interesting to drill into what areas are seeing increased hiring - in financial services I suspect its Private Wealth aimed at local and mainland clients, rather than outward facing cross-border banking/capital markets/FICC that HK is traditionally known for.

Anecdotially it seems that Singapore is now the clear location of choice for international business lines in financial services that would be traditionally HK based

It would be interesting to drill into what areas are seeing increased hiring
    For those two recruitment companies in the Reuters story - Ambition and Phaidon - at least some of their roles are online. Curious what "40-50% surge in mandates this year" translates to in absolute numbers.

https://www.ambition.com.hk/discipli...ecutive-search

Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 34 ... LastLast