Like Tree1707Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Page 30 of 71 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    His "hard talk" was more of a "soft talk" of the shoe shine variety.
    Was it really that bad? I think some of the discussions were pretty decent, agree a lot was pretty soft talk though..

I look at it this way, why would any politician with an artificially elected guaranteed seat would agree to face actual 'HARD TALK' in an extremely face-saving society!! Unless it is semi-hard/soft-hard talk without crossing that invisible and now rapidly changing boundary..

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    I look at it this way, why would any politician with an artificially elected guaranteed seat would agree to face actual 'HARD TALK' in an extremely face-saving society!! Unless it is semi-hard/soft-hard talk without crossing that invisible and now rapidly changing boundary..
    Backchat is now very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    And don't get me started on Vines...
    His latest book was a bit pedestrian for anyone who has lived the last few years in Hong Kong. Anything else you can tell?

For those interested in more stats ...

Seems like the top end band A schools around town are seeing a 10%ish withdrawal rate of students.

https://topick.hket.com/article/3138735/

Bob Loblaw likes this.

For those interested in more stats ...

Seems like the top end band A schools around town are seeing a 10%ish withdrawal rate of students.

https://topick.hket.com/article/3138735/
    Yeah, I can confirm that my school (one of the top Band 1 schools) has lost close to 10% of students. Owing to the fact that most of our students come from a lower socioeconomic background than the average HK family, I would assume that this number would be higher if these students' families had more opportunities.
    shri, hullexile, drumbrake and 3 others like this.

Flip flop... went over the "protestor" side after his brother got smurfed. His brother is a representative of the local-old-time Indian business community who are well known for doing whatever it takes to not create waves.

And don't get me started on Vines...
    What do you mean by "waves"?

Quote Originally Posted by shree711:
    What do you mean by "waves"?
    He means: To not rock the boat. Also known as, to turn a blind eye or be neutral when the government does something distasteful. By not getting involved it actually makes you complicit. All in the name of making a $.

I know it is the Torygraph but the comments section underlines one of the reasons I’m glad I’m not now living in the UK.

I can’t like your post Brit, so here is the like!

Page 30 of 71 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast