Like Tree2502Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Closed Thread
Page 31 of 107 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 ... LastLast

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/peopl...ore-isnt-their
    Coolboy likes this.

Just another Chinese city, 25 years ahead of schedule.

Should engage that Xi chap for any project management stuff!

My dad was reluctant to send me this article because he was worried I'd get into trouble for reading it...
    https://archive.is/CiSSm

Hamsters leaving HK... in a body bag...

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Hamsters leaving HK... in a body bag...
    what will it take for some to be able to get out of here? less? MORE?

Genuine question...why is there so much press about people leaving at the moment? I think I've seen perhaps an article a day (across mostly financial media outlets) for the past fortnight, all of them saying the same thing. Is it because expats are overrepresented in the finance sector and bonuses are going to be banked soon? At some point fatigue will set in

Quote Originally Posted by needgoodwine:
    Genuine question...why is there so much press about people leaving at the moment? I think I've seen perhaps an article a day (across mostly financial media outlets) for the past fortnight, all of them saying the same thing. Is it because expats are overrepresented in the finance sector and bonuses are going to be banked soon? At some point fatigue will set in
    I think it's because Hong Kong is becoming such an exception. The rest of the world is trying to figure out how to live with Covid, we're stuck in a society which persecutes those who catch the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    I think it's because Hong Kong is becoming such an exception. The rest of the world is trying to figure out how to live with Covid, we're stuck in a society which persecutes those who catch the disease.
    We're stuck in a society which persecutes those who register the infection....and all their friends, family, colleagues.....

Thank you everyone for all of your help with everything. We’re still running the company, but we are outsourcing and minimizing. We’re off to America to start anew. You’re all the absolute best, even when we fight a bit 😉 I hope everyone who stays gets the hk they hope for and everyone who wants to finds the escape they need. I’ll miss this beautiful city and the good hearts that we saw everywhere here.

Closed Thread
Page 31 of 107 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 ... LastLast