Like Tree2502Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 107 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    I finally handed in my notice effective Jan 31st, last day Mar 31st
    1 month for MPF so end of Apr should have money in my bank account.
    Find a lovely island to enjoy 2-3 weeks of long overdue vacation, laying on the beach with a nice cold beer in my hand and scratching my nuts with the other hand

Then go to UK (look for house / look for job / look for school for my kid)

Next adventures awaits.

Best of luck to you and your family and the new adventure you're all embarking on together. House, garden and southern Europe a short plane or moderate self drive trip away for future summer holidays. Kick ass !
    chuckster007 likes this.

I finally handed in my notice effective Jan 31st, last day Mar 31st
    1 month for MPF so end of Apr should have money in my bank account.
    Find a lovely island to enjoy 2-3 weeks of long overdue vacation, laying on the beach with a nice cold beer in my hand and scratching my nuts with the other hand

Then go to UK (look for house / look for job / look for school for my kid)

Next adventures awaits.
    43 years? Thats a big decision congrats and also sorry to see you leave!

Talked to some old timers like you once, they claimed business wise the city actually got more and more international in the early years. I would have guessed under British rule that it would have been very expat dominated early on in the business scene. But at least this banker claimed things got more international before it somewhere early 2010s started to get more mainland influenced here. Agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Best of luck to you and your family and the new adventure you're all embarking on together. House, garden and southern Europe a short plane or moderate self drive trip away for future summer holidays. Kick ass !
    Mate this is what I m really looking forward to, im already looking to buy a few cars

1. Audi A4 or similar estate car for daily driving to and back for work
    2. Landrover or Range rover for weekends
    3. Motorbike for quick short trips or weekend bike rally / gatherings

once a month cheap flights on Ryanair to many European cities for short 2-3 day weekend trips with just a small backpack (wear same underwear for 3 days LOL)

1 way ticket to European cities for less than 100HKD

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/plan-t...re/cheap-deals
    kittykaitak and bdw like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    43 years? Thats a big decision congrats and also sorry to see you leave!

Talked to some old timers like you once, they claimed business wise the city actually got more and more international in the early years. I would have guessed under British rule that it would have been very expat dominated early on in the business scene. But at least this banker claimed things got more international before it somewhere early 2010s started to get more mainland influenced here. Agree?
    Definitely agree, after 2010 saw more and more mainlanders with bags of money coming to HK and they really stood out.

Definitely agree, after 2010 saw more and more mainlanders with bags of money coming to HK and they really stood out.
    I\m happy I caught the last whiff of the good old days, moving here in 2011. I really felt HK was the perfect mix of old and new in those days. I guess its part of become old(er) reminisce about the good old days.

You should do a tribute thread/post telling stories from all your 40+ years here..
    chuckster007 likes this.

Cheers @chuckster007, another long-timer leaving for greener pasture, more importantly one of the very few of us left from GeoStoneAge era, your bolts, nuts and words of practical wisdom will be sorely missed unless you turn into one of the many lifelong members of GeoLurker community..
    All the best..

Jillypots likes this.

Mate this is what I m really looking forward to, im already looking to buy a few cars

once a month cheap flights on Ryanair to many European cities for short 2-3 day weekend trips with just a small backpack (wear same underwear for 3 days LOL)

Congrats mate. You've got lots to look forward to. Been there, done that, no major regrets. Of course there are things I miss about HK, but weighing everything up I made the right decision to leave when I did. I went for a BMW myself, and my major project now, I bought this empty block of land and building this double story home on it for half the cost of my HK shoe box.

Actually I cannot recall off the top of my head if Geo has a regular poster based in UK? We've got Hull in PH, DeletedUser in Japan, CWBGuy in Malaysia, Edward in Portugal, Skyhook covers east Australia, I cover the west, etc. So I think you'll be covering a vital region where we are a bit thin on the ground at the moment. In other words, dont leave geo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    AMERICA IS GREAT AGAIN
    Never was, isn’t now, never will be

I do like Disney, Universal and the Orlando water parks though

Mate you and your family will have fun. Plus instead of the A4 you could also consider the better value specification, Skoda Octavia RS 2.0 turbo diesel wagon. Power, fun handling, space and awesome fuel economy at about 1100km -1200km per 55 litre tank.
    chuckster007 and Cancellara like this.

Tooooo Long

43 years i've been in HK
    Looking for a job? So either you came to HK as a kid or you should be retiring!! (That's a round about way of saying how old are you? )
    hike likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 107 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 ... LastLast