Like Tree1707Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 44 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by needgoodwine:
    Genuine question...why is there so much press about people leaving at the moment? I think I've seen perhaps an article a day (across mostly financial media outlets) for the past fortnight, all of them saying the same thing. Is it because expats are overrepresented in the finance sector and bonuses are going to be banked soon? At some point fatigue will set in
    I think it's because Hong Kong is becoming such an exception. The rest of the world is trying to figure out how to live with Covid, we're stuck in a society which persecutes those who catch the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    I think it's because Hong Kong is becoming such an exception. The rest of the world is trying to figure out how to live with Covid, we're stuck in a society which persecutes those who catch the disease.
    We're stuck in a society which persecutes those who register the infection....and all their friends, family, colleagues.....

Thank you everyone for all of your help with everything. We’re still running the company, but we are outsourcing and minimizing. We’re off to America to start anew. You’re all the absolute best, even when we fight a bit 😉 I hope everyone who stays gets the hk they hope for and everyone who wants to finds the escape they need. I’ll miss this beautiful city and the good hearts that we saw everywhere here.

Quote Originally Posted by needgoodwine:
    Genuine question...why is there so much press about people leaving at the moment? I think I've seen perhaps an article a day (across mostly financial media outlets) for the past fortnight, all of them saying the same thing. Is it because expats are overrepresented in the finance sector and bonuses are going to be banked soon? At some point fatigue will set in
    Perhaps the lack of fresh people coming to HK and the creative classes leaving is a unique experience in a big developed city. It is new and therefore news.
    Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy:
    Thank you everyone for all of your help with everything. We’re still running the company, but we are outsourcing and minimizing. We’re off to America to start anew. You’re all the absolute best, even when we fight a bit 😉 I hope everyone who stays gets the hk they hope for and everyone who wants to finds the escape they need. I’ll miss this beautiful city and the good hearts that we saw everywhere here.
    Best wishes and 'congrats' on pulling the trigger.
    East_coast and Tandy like this.

Good luck, Tandy - wish you and your family all the best

UniqueUserName and Tandy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy:
    Thank you everyone for all of your help with everything. We’re still running the company, but we are outsourcing and minimizing. We’re off to America to start anew. You’re all the absolute best, even when we fight a bit ������ I hope everyone who stays gets the hk they hope for and everyone who wants to finds the escape they need. I’ll miss this beautiful city and the good hearts that we saw everywhere here.
    After being back in the US, it's clear it's time to put HK in the rearview mirror. Life is good and beautiful here. And despite the high covid counts in California, one doesn't feel the impact of thousands of local cases here as much as one would feel the impact of 10 cases in HK hitting daily life in HK.
    shri, Tandy, tf19 and 8 others like this.

AMERICA IS GREAT AGAIN

Promotion... and move to Taiwan. (I wouldn't put it down solely to the quarantine since Taiwan still has that too).
    https://twitter.com/cnnipr/status/1486807543456350214

Coolboy and HK_Katherine like this.

I finally handed in my notice effective Jan 31st, last day Mar 31st
    1 month for MPF so end of Apr should have money in my bank account.
    Find a lovely island to enjoy 2-3 weeks of long overdue vacation, laying on the beach with a nice cold beer in my hand and scratching my nuts with the other hand

Then go to UK (look for house / look for job / look for school for my kid)

Next adventures awaits.

Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 44 ... LastLast