Like Tree1707Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Mate this is what I m really looking forward to, im already looking to buy a few cars

1. Audi A4 or similar estate car for daily driving to and back for work
    2. Landrover or Range rover for weekends
    3. Motorbike for quick short trips or weekend bike rally / gatherings

once a month cheap flights on Ryanair to many European cities for short 2-3 day weekend trips with just a small backpack (wear same underwear for 3 days LOL)

1 way ticket to European cities for less than 100HKD

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/plan-t...re/cheap-deals
    Congrats mate. You've got lots to look forward to. Been there, done that, no major regrets. Of course there are things I miss about HK, but weighing everything up I made the right decision to leave when I did. I went for a BMW myself, and my major project now, I bought this empty block of land and building this double story home on it for half the cost of my HK shoe box.

Actually I cannot recall off the top of my head if Geo has a regular poster based in UK? We've got Hull in PH, TheBrit in Japan, CWBGuy in Malaysia, Edward in Portugal, Skyhook covers east Australia, I cover the west, etc. So I think you'll be covering a vital region where we are a bit thin on the ground at the moment. In other words, dont leave geo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    AMERICA IS GREAT AGAIN
    Never was, isn’t now, never will be

I do like Disney, Universal and the Orlando water parks though

Mate this is what I m really looking forward to, im already looking to buy a few cars

1. Audi A4 or similar estate car for daily driving to and back for work
    2. Landrover or Range rover for weekends
    3. Motorbike for quick short trips or weekend bike rally / gatherings

once a month cheap flights on Ryanair to many European cities for short 2-3 day weekend trips with just a small backpack (wear same underwear for 3 days LOL)

1 way ticket to European cities for less than 100HKD

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/plan-t...re/cheap-deals
    Mate you and your family will have fun. Plus instead of the A4 you could also consider the better value specification, Skoda Octavia RS 2.0 turbo diesel wagon. Power, fun handling, space and awesome fuel economy at about 1100km -1200km per 55 litre tank.
    chuckster007 and Cancellara like this.

Tooooo Long

43 years i've been in HK
    Looking for a job? So either you came to HK as a kid or you should be retiring!! (That's a round about way of saying how old are you? )
    hike likes this.

43 years wow! That will be a huge change for you back in the UK. Holidays are different than actually living permanently in a place as you are well aware.
    Good luck and all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Congrats mate. You've got lots to look forward to. Been there, done that, no major regrets. Of course there are things I miss about HK, but weighing everything up I made the right decision to leave when I did. I went for a BMW myself, and my major project now, I bought this empty block of land and building this double story home on it for half the cost of my HK shoe box.

Actually I cannot recall off the top of my head if Geo has a regular poster based in UK? We've got Hull in PH, TheBrit in Japan, CWBGuy in Malaysia, Edward in Portugal, Skyhook covers east Australia, I cover the west, etc. So I think you'll be covering a vital region where we are a bit thin on the ground at the moment. In other words, dont leave geo!!
    I'm here in the the UK (but I maybe I don't qualify as a regular poster)
    bdw, Jillypots and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    I'm here in the the UK (but I maybe I don't qualify as a regular poster)
    Sorry brain fart, of course I know you left not long after me. Still we need chuckster to stick around on geo!

No wonder you're scratching your balls!

Use some of the money you'll be saving to buy some new ones at your destination...

Congrats!

(but, I, too am confused why looking for a new job if working in HK 43 years- unless you came as a toddler...)

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    (but, I, too am confused why looking for a new job if working in HK 43 years- unless you came as a toddler...)
    Im only 48

@Chuckster - wishing you and your family everything of the best. Good luck with your move, and enjoy the ball-scratching island break

chuckster007 likes this.

Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 ... LastLast