Like Tree1712Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Reply
Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 53 ... LastLast
  1. #441

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Used my airmiles to book tickets to UK

    One way to Manchester/ Fin Air / 3 Pax (2 adults n 1 child) = HK$1182
    Congrats and good luck!
    Will you leave in the summer?
    chuckster007 likes this.

  2. #442

    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Used my airmiles to book tickets to UK

    One way to Manchester/ Fin Air / 3 Pax (2 adults n 1 child) = HK$1182
    Cheers!! Bye Bye Tsing Tau, Welcome Ales and IPAs..
    shri and chuckster007 like this.

  3. #443

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,195
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Used my airmiles to book tickets to UK

    One way to Manchester/ Fin Air / 3 Pax (2 adults n 1 child) = HK$1182
    A bit chilly in Manchester to sit on the canal side drinking a can of beer. But good luck and enjoy.
    chuckster007 likes this.

  4. #444

    jealous! I want to go to Akbar's for a giant naan and curry.

    Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    A bit chilly in Manchester to sit on the canal side drinking a can of beer. But good luck and enjoy.

  5. #445

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    7,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Baklava:
    Congrats and good luck!
    Will you leave in the summer?
    May 2nd to be exact so hopefully the weather over there wont be so damm cold LOL
    Baklava and vmlinuz like this.

  6. #446

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    7,310
    Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Cheers!! Bye Bye Tsing Tau, Welcome Ales and IPAs..
    Wetherspoons here I come for the cheap lagers

    Name:  FB_IMG_1636718144622.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  184.5 KB

    AIYA too cheap la

    Name:  received_480987046487559.jpeg
Views: 553
Size:  188.3 KB
    Skyhook, Andy SNK, shri and 2 others like this.

  7. #447

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    599

    Welcome (back) when you do.

    Word of warning though. Be prepared for the shocking costs of food and utility bills and also a not-so-great-anymore NHS. If you have to take medication, bring 3 months supply back with you, just in case.


  8. #448

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    7,310
    Quote Originally Posted by bsh:
    Welcome (back) when you do.

    Word of warning though. Be prepared for the shocking costs of food and utility bills and also a not-so-great-anymore NHS. If you have to take medication, bring 3 months supply back with you, just in case.
    we will ship over a years worth of meds with our belongings if possible lol my mrs asked me this question about meds this morning asking if her insulin shots are provided free by NHS ?? I told her Ill have to look into it, I dont think she will get those for free.

  9. #449

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    599

    I’d take 3 months in your suitcase if you can.

    I think if you’re diabetic, you can get an NHS exemption card so prescriptions will be free. Do check this out. Just be prepared for a monthly balls-up If you end up registered at a crappy Health centre and equally crappy pharmacist.

    Just checked, yes she can.

    https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/pres...prescriptions/

    Last edited by bsh; 17-02-2022 at 12:36 PM.
    chuckster007 and shri like this.

  10. #450

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    23,371
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    we will ship over a years worth of meds with our belongings if possible lol my mrs asked me this question about meds this morning asking if her insulin shots are provided free by NHS ?? I told her Ill have to look into it, I dont think she will get those for free.
    My father has all his diabetic meds including insulin covered by the NHS.
    chuckster007 and shri like this.

Reply
Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 53 ... LastLast