Like Tree2502Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Closed Thread
Page 49 of 107 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 ... LastLast

https://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...1a6237f411ee9f

Just want to share that I had my first interview for a job outside of Hong Kong. Not completely sure I want this particular job, as it'd be a commute if the other half transfers, but let's see... it's a great role. Happy to get interview experience in that area. Getting all reference letters and such lined up to keep applying for more.

After the career I've built here in Hong Kong, I'd like to leave and land on my feet, not as a trailing spouse.

All the best!

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NTCP88:
    Hmm, what are the benefits for me becoming PR? No stamp duty for buying an over priced property...

Not sure if I want to be a PR from a city that treats his residents like criminals when testing positive on Covid. Besides that, I've seen too many things (especially in the last three years) in my industry which are just wrong.

And I don't need their handouts... They should actually support people who need it, and not just giving handouts to everyone. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I don't need 10k in vouchers. There are people our there who need it much more than me...
    Industry = media?

back to the subjectt of the thread - another two of my yoga class are leaving in the next couple of weeks. Both pandemic related - one a long stayer in HK who has just given up all hope. The number of people around me talking about leaving has escalated exponentially in the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ramelec:
    Industry = media?
    Healthcare... Can't be more specific due to my position and listed company...

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    A good location as well.
    is it close to the City limit for a quick exit

Edit just seen it wasn’t Hull, not actually that surprised. 2 million would pretty much get you the City

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    is it close to the City limit for a quick exit

Edit just seen it wasn’t Hull, not actually that surprised. 2 million would pretty much get you the City
    Reminds me when I worked in Coventry they asked us for some good things about the city. "It is easy to get out of" was our unanimous answer.

Or a bumper sticker "happiness is Slough in your rear view mirror"

Meh, BA just cancelled my flight again, booking via Singapore now. I'm trying to leave ...

Elegiaque and alexdown like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Gravitas:
    Meh, BA just cancelled my flight again, booking via Singapore now. I'm trying to leave ...
    Welcome to the Hotel California….
    ndt, Sage, MatthieuTofu and 6 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 49 of 107 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 ... LastLast