Like Tree1707Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Page 50 of 71 FirstFirst ... 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 58 ... LastLast

Unfortunate that this is the only think that'll make him leave
    https://twitter.com/alvinllum/status...48315198590978

Quote Originally Posted by NTCP88:
    I will be leaving as well... Singapore is my first choice, unfortunately SG has tightened their visa policies. Company lawyers are now exploring our options. I will be closing the HK/Regional office around June.

We are opening clinics in Manila and Kuala Lumpur, so I might move there. Although not a fan of either cities to live in for long... Been there 100s of times for work, which is ok, but to live, not 100% sure.

It's a shame... I've been here for 8.5 years (haven't applied for PR yet, not sure If I actually will do it). This city has changed a lot, not only because of COVID, just the overall atmosphere. It went downhill around 2016 - 2017, at least that's my experience.
    If you're eligible, you might as well get PR before you go. Why not? You'll get free money from the government every now and then. It'll pay for itself.
    ndt, mucaari and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    He is Chinese. So if he left I assume it would be to the Mainland?
    Rob2020, Mrs. Jones and aw451 like this.

Was listing to Allan Zeman in the office. He was giving an interview on Bloomberg... This guy is a bit out of touch and thinks he is more important than he actually is. Yes Allan, we are just on a plane experiencing turbulence and everything will be back to normal in a few months. This guy has to stop comparing past events with HK's current situation...

Seems I can't post any pictures...

Last edited by NTCP88; 03-03-2022 at 10:22 AM.
    shri and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shree711:
    If you're eligible, you might as well get PR before you go. Why not? You'll get free money from the government every now and then. It'll pay for itself.
    Hmm, what are the benefits for me becoming PR? No stamp duty for buying an over priced property...

Not sure if I want to be a PR from a city that treats his residents like criminals when testing positive on Covid. Besides that, I've seen too many things (especially in the last three years) in my industry which are just wrong.

And I don't need their handouts... They should actually support people who need it, and not just giving handouts to everyone. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I don't need 10k in vouchers. There are people our there who need it much more than me...
    Last edited by NTCP88; 03-03-2022 at 10:34 AM.

Allan Zeman
    Useful Idiot with token white face..

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    That's his argument FOR the lockdown, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Useful Idiot with token white face..
    Not even useful anymore.
    ndt and Mrs. Jones like this.

There's a Facebook group to help match people with lingering pets with those flying out. If you're flying and not taking a pet, please consider volunteering:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/490907872605291

Only a few hundred members, so a lot more potential if 75,000 people are exiting each month..

Quote Originally Posted by NTCP88:
    Hmm, what are the benefits for me becoming PR? No stamp duty for buying an over priced property...

Not sure if I want to be a PR from a city that treats his residents like criminals when testing positive on Covid. Besides that, I've seen too many things (especially in the last three years) in my industry which are just wrong.
    HK banks offer you free money, which in my case I am using to help fund my house build in Australia (Refer to the house I am building in post #483 on previous page).
    Blowfish and alexdown like this.

Page 50 of 71 FirstFirst ... 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 58 ... LastLast