Like Tree1707Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 50 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 66 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Encouraging to hear the governments are dropping this. It's yet another headache to consider for timing when the time comes to get on a plane. But are the airlines requiring it?
    Airlines (in the cases I checked) seem to be happy to follow the destination govt requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket:
    Visiting family after 2.5 years. Will be out of HK for 3 to 4 months. Considering new roles in Vietnam (or SG too but that could be tricky due to work permit issues there). Maybe another 4-6 months for leaving HK (sadly). I've worked in Vietnam previously so willing to give it another try.
    username checks out...

COVID rates are rising rapidly worldwide atm and Austria just hit a record high for daily infections. I wonder if we'll see countries tightening back up in the year to come.
    shri and Baklava like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    username checks out...
    jayinhongkong and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Did you need a negative covid test for the flight even?
    From gov.uk site:

If you will arrive in England from abroad after 4am, Friday 18 March, you do not need to:

take any COVID-19 tests – before you travel or after you arrive
    fill in a UK passenger locator form before you travel
    This will apply whether you are vaccinated or not.

You also will not need to quarantine when you arrive, in line with current rules.

Quote Originally Posted by shree711:
    I'm heading out of HK on the 29th of March. This will more or less be a trip to make a final decision on whether to completely quit HK or not. Will be gone for around 3.5-4 months. So I guess there's another data point of 3 people "leaving".
    Doing exactly the same. I leave 4 April. Booked today.
    shri, vmlinuz, hullexile and 5 others like this.

I look forward to an epic 2-3 month pub crawl starting in HK sometime in early 2023, with the UK and EU in the middle and ending in some far corner of the world where some random geoexpat member would be happy to have a couple of beers with me!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Doing exactly the same. I leave 4 April. Booked today.
    I thought you already did a bit of an extended period out in Portugal -- or was that just for the visas?

We are looking at end of June. Looking like we will have the summer off in Europe! Two months of holiday! (Maybe a permanent holiday for me if I don't find a new job...)

Still need about a month to confirm. I worry a bit that the company will be a bit sluggish... bit pricey to organize everything ourselves though.
    Baklava likes this.

I have signed today with my moving company. Leaving April 16th first off to Thailand, then 1 month Sin then 2 month Eur.
    Afterwards off to a new location in Asia.
    Might cause an issue in case face to face school resumes before the summer but willing to take the risk, it’s been too long.
    Another 3 gone. Pains me, I love Hong Kong, daughter born here lots and lots of good memories but time to move on. Will miss geo as well! Thanks all for entertainment and advice!

username checks out...

COVID rates are rising rapidly worldwide atm and Austria just hit a record high for daily infections. I wonder if we'll see countries tightening back up in the year to come.
    The growth in some countries will be short lived I think and it is only some countries. Deaths are still falling.

Name:  _20220317_175724.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  81.8 KB

username checks out...

Nope. There is a trade-off between quality of life locked down all the time and small risk of death to those who didn't vaccinate. Most countries have now made the right decision.
    Insomnia and hike like this.

Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 50 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 66 ... LastLast