Like Tree1707Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 54 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 70 ... LastLast

My Flight to UK with Fin-Air for May 2nd is now on its 2nd flight time change
    Will I be able to leave LOL
    Now I have a friggen 10 hr layover in Helsinki to deal with FFS

hullexile and MABinPengChau like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    30 minutes by bus from the city centre. Not a bad place to spend a few hours.

Nearly half of all foreign business plans to leave HK, so claims CNN:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/24/b...ons/index.html

Forget about Finnair, they are not allowed over Russian airspace and flying around is too far for them. They will keep cancelling HKG - HEL flights until that is resolved.
    mrgoodkat and MABinPengChau like this.

I've got a 24 hour layover in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for my upcoming theoretically temporary visit to the UK. Spent the last week using my expiring annual leave to do a Swedish Death Cleanup just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by z754103:
    The HK community is certainly reaping something, but they weren't doing the sowing.
    Big business is most certainly reaping what they were sowing though. Publicly supporting the govt during anti-ELAB, NSL and now pandemic policies to a varying extent. Now some probably regret having supported the outlawing of dissent as now the protesting public can't provide the buffer it used to offer HK from misguided govt policy.
    Gatts and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Big business is most certainly reaping what they were sowing though. Publicly supporting the govt during anti-ELAB, NSL and now pandemic policies to a varying extent. Now some probably regret having supported the outlawing of dissent as now the protesting public can't provide the buffer it used to offer HK from misguided govt policy.
    Short term they will regret it, but there will be long term rewards for then toeing the line including being allowed to continue to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Forget about Finnair, they are not allowed over Russian airspace and flying around is too far for them. They will keep cancelling HKG - HEL flights until that is resolved.
    They keep flying to all other asian destinations, so I don't think that's the real reason. Might not make financial sense anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    They keep flying to all other asian destinations, so I don't think that's the real reason. Might not make financial sense anymore.
    Yeah potentially if HK stopped with all craziness, but I do think HKG is the worst placed destination on the map. Japan they can fly above Russia, Bangkok they can fly the south route. But around Ukraine up to Helsinki is really troublesome, it does not become competitive compared to other Airlines that fly to Zurich/Frankfurt/Paris etc.

Basically they go from shortest route to HKG to longest. And the whole idea for Finnair was turn-around with the same plane in 24h. Which no other airline could do, now they are screwed on that too. This goes for most other Mainland China cities they also served pre-covid.
    Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    That was just a washout last year. May go back this year if we get our appointment for fingerprints... but our visas seem to be in limbo right now.
    Last I heard people were getting appointments after 18 months. They seem to be doing them chronologically now. Are you in the HK-Portugal Village whatsapp group? Good intel in there.

Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 54 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 70 ... LastLast