Like Tree1707Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 56 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    My Flight to UK with Fin-Air for May 2nd is now on its 2nd flight time change
    Will I be able to leave LOL
    Now I have a friggen 10 hr layover in Helsinki to deal with FFS
    That's a bonus. If during daytime, Helsinki is a great place to visit. If during night, there are many cheap hotels next to airport for some sleep.
    vmlinuz likes this.

Well, I think I mentioned it on another thread, but after a change of plans I'm leaving tonight (Cathay direct to Manchester) for a few months. Combination of family medical situation, flexible part-time freelance work and 'relaxed' quarantine rules meant that it made sense to get out for a while now, rather than my earlier plan of leaving for good in the summer. I do expect to come back, and depending on personal and social conditions at the time, I might stay another few months, or I might do a pack-and-run and leave ASAP...

jgl, shri, Flapster and 10 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Well, I think I mentioned it on another thread, but after a change of plans I'm leaving tonight (Cathay direct to Manchester) for a few months. Combination of family medical situation, flexible part-time freelance work and 'relaxed' quarantine rules meant that it made sense to get out for a while now, rather than my earlier plan of leaving for good in the summer. I do expect to come back, and depending on personal and social conditions at the time, I might stay another few months, or I might do a pack-and-run and leave ASAP...
    Have a good flight, and a much needed return to some semblance of normality.
    shri, vmlinuz, AsianXpat0 and 2 others like this.

Quite interesting documentaries

That's a great documentary series.

Since this is an expat forum we concentrate on other expats leaving HK but intelligent and community minded people like the lady in the documentary are the real loss for HK society.

Gatts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by donkeywonkey:
    That's a great documentary series.

Since this is an expat forum we concentrate on other expats leaving HK but intelligent and community minded people like the lady in the documentary are the real loss for HK society.
    It’ll be summer again soon so we’ll get another wave of articles about local student numbers and teachers. Will be interesting to see.

Well, I'm out and signing off.

I've moved a lot in my lifetime, but my departure from here has honestly been the most emotional.

When I first arrived I found HK to be a bit soulless. It took me a few years and events here to love the city. But in the end I felt that the city I loved was being taken away. I could not stay an continue witnessing the slow decline.

Maybe my feelings about the future are wrong and I'll come to regret my leaving. I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    Well, I'm out and signing off.

I've moved a lot in my lifetime, but my departure from here has honestly been the most emotional.

When I first arrived I found HK to be a bit soulless. It took me a few years and events here to love the city. But in the end I felt that the city I loved was being taken away. I could not stay an continue witnessing the slow decline.

Maybe my feelings about the future are wrong and I'll come to regret my leaving. I hope so.
    Take care sir. Was it being unable to get a flight back that finally pushed you over the edge? Just not worth it in the end. Judging by the contributions of other members, not to mention the current direction of HK, you’re unlikely to regret it.

All the best.
    Elegiaque likes this.

Maybe with how things are going in HK we will see a flood of mainlanders in the future. A lot of discussions online mention HK as a stepping stone to run (润) from the mainland.

Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzz:
    Maybe with how things are going in HK we will see a flood of mainlanders in the future. A lot of discussions online mention HK as a stepping stone to run (润) from the mainland.
    T'was ever thus
    jabalong likes this.

Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 56 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast