Like Tree1707Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 58 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast

HK01 has some photos from the coverage of a HK->Manchester flight. A bit sad reading the interview with a local dad who is moving under the BNO scheme.

https://www.hk01.com/%E7%A4%BE%E6%9C...%81%9E/760486/

ndt and chuckster007 like this.

Coming back to my earlier post... We just received the good news from Singapore Enterprise, our branch (regional) office is approved. I do have to say, Singapore is a bit more strict for setting up companies than HK. I thought being a listed company would be smooth sailing, but they did ask very detailed information.

HK was my home for almost a decade, I will miss it. Planning to move by the end of May, beginning of June. Will most likely apply for PR before I leave...

I lived in several European and Asian countries, I was always excited to move. Now I'm a bit less excited (and a bit scared), probably because I'm getting older, and it's sad to see what's happening to HK. Had some of the best years of my life here...

drumbrake, bdw, TheBrit and 13 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NTCP88:
    Planning to move by the end of May, beginning of June. Will most likely apply for PR before I leave....
    Better apply ASAP. If you apply today, not sure it will be granted by end of May/beginning of June.
    shri and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Better apply ASAP. If you apply today, not sure it will be granted by end of May/beginning of June.
    Will bring all the required documents to Immigration tomorrow...
    ByeByeEngland and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel_:
    I've been in the UK 3 weeks and it is 100% back to normal. It's such an amazing feeling having zero restrictions and just living life. We have just booked a holiday to Greece and will not require a test or a certificate or anything for any of the flights! I can't believe Hong Kong is still stuck in this crazy hypochondriac bubble.
    Thats one of the of things Im really looking forward to, going on holiday with my Fam to some nice sunny beach city, drink some cold drinks, eat good food and enjoy.

Ryan Air cheap flights here I come

Evening dining has reopened just in time for me to be attending nearly weekly farewell dinners.

Where do professionals with APAC roles go if they can’t speak Japanese and don’t like Singapore? We only wanted to stay in Asia 2-3 more years so relocating seems a huge pain. But we’re getting very lonely as all of our closest friends will be gone in the next few months. Mostly going back to the US or Europe rather than elsewhere in asia.

aw451 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Evening dining has reopened just in time for me to be attending nearly weekly farewell dinners.

Where do professionals with APAC roles go if they can’t speak Japanese and don’t like Singapore? We only wanted to stay in Asia 2-3 more years so relocating seems a huge pain. But we’re getting very lonely as all of our closest friends will be gone in the next few months. Mostly going back to the US or Europe rather than elsewhere in asia.
    KL
    Cheeky Kiwi and muzzdang like this.

Where do professionals with APAC roles go if they can’t speak Japanese and don’t like Singapore?
    lol. HK
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Where do professionals with APAC roles go if they can’t speak Japanese and don’t like Singapore?
    Ho Chi Minh city.. Vietnam is up and coming
    chuckster007, aw451 and er2 like this.

Our back up has been Korea. Actually, it was our preference, as it sounded like a continuation of an exciting adventure, but boss said no, Korean business too much on the side. So, Europe it is. (But then boss said okokok, Korea is possible). Tokyo was only not possible due to pets/vaccine requirements, but I wasn't very keen to be in such a city-city, comparinh satellite of Tokyo with HK. Here, we're surrounded by green, trail out the door.

Thank goodness it'll be a little easier to have good bye gatherings.

And btw, learning the language is always a possibility!

We're going to come back... I think we'll be plenty bored in a few years. If only me working, then Taiwan or more rural Japan, or Korea. Feel I got do cheated here in Hong Kong these last few years. I always wanted to go back for a visit to Korea, Taiwan, Japan... Hard to believe that used to be so easy and accessible.
    Last edited by Elegiaque; 22-04-2022 at 08:16 AM.

Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 58 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast