Like Tree210Likes

US, France, Greece, Spain ...15 countries added to Group A

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Very relieved at Germany still being OK. All very open and free, but very disciplined with mandatory N95 mask wearing indoors everywhere I've been which I guess explains the better experience than France despite only slightly better vax rates.

I guess half of Stanley's French residents will be stuck abroad for some time with this move though...

Shiojiri Hiro and Mrs. Jones like this.

Hi all, is there a better thread for discussing antibodies serology tests? Now that Australia has been moved to Group B, time to look for a place in Central who does this for cheap. Had a few recommendations for CH Lab, but any other recommendations appreciated.

I am not going home for Christmas now.

The inconsistency is unreal.

It was expected. Now need to decide if should leave HK permanently.

It’s been 2 years and it’s not looking any better. Especially in HK as we know they will be the last to open again (if they really open one day)? I’m still in my early 30s and I don’t want to waste my life here while the rest of the world is opening up . Also no desire to build a life in Hk for obvious reasons (real estate cost, standards of living, access to education and healthcare) etc. Don’t get me wrong I believe it’s a great city as a young single person but that’s about it. Today’s situation really illustrates that as more expats are leaving since they realize that being stuck here is not fun.

Coolboy, TheBrit, Baklava and 11 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoadAhead:
    It was expected. Now need to decide if should leave HK permanently
    I've got to say that the last 7 days of mostly normal life has really made me reassess plans for the year ahead. I don't think you realise how much stress builds up stuck in one paranoid city for 18 months until you get out. I'll probably stick it out as work is going well, but it's feeling a way finer judgement than it did before departure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiga:
    I am not going home for Christmas now.

The inconsistency is unreal.
    Well the earlier "travel bubble" with Singapore I had warned was not going to happen. Some of you guys didn't believe me, but guess what, both planned bubbles didn't transpired as I predicted.

So that should tell us any travel plan getting out of or going to HK can and will change at a moment's notice. The only thing to expect is to expect what is written down today for travel and quarantine requirements will change again tomorrow.
    TheRoadAhead, BCD and Mrs. Jones like this.

Happy new year fuckers.

We know where the airport is.

dossier, bdw, alexdown and 2 others like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Make coming to HK by foreigners as unappealing and troublesome as possible. After all, the ruling elite's logic is this: "Who needs evil foreigners who will interfere in HK domestic affairs. We can replace them all with smarter and more obedient mainlanders!"
    dossier and Mrs. Jones like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Too many people were on non-essential travel, at least that's what the CHP has been highlighting recently. It's also the end of summer and the civil servants' kids mostly flew back already so screw everyone else.

What. the. Fuck.

I am planning my trip back to Canada and I am highly concerned the gov will F me in the A by the time I return. Currently 1 week Q...

HKIA likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast