Like Tree46Likes

Aug 17: New Quarantine Arrangements - Press Release

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    The anti body tests ensure that the vaccine has been administered and has sort of done its job. I think its a good enough solution to prevent fake certs being used to get 7 days quarantine.

Am I missing something here? Why is it useless - atleast in terms of ensuring that an effective vaccine has been delivered?
    Mrs. Jones, BCD, alexdown and 1 others like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Fake certs are a potential problem where the costs of catching them (to non-fakers) exceed the benefits. Whether they are vaccinated effectively is much less relevant than whether they are actually covid-positive. Policing them may be fun for a few, but a cost to everyone else.

Plus if you have fake certs why can’t you have fake antibody tests (sorry I didn’t look into the policing details), and round and round it goes.
    Last edited by AsianXpat0; 18-08-2021 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Grammar

My proof of vaccine in Australia is just a PDF which I can download through the Australian medicare app on my phone. Is this sufficient proof for me to snag 14 days quarantine instead of 21 when arriving in HK? This PDF would be fairly simple to fake for anyone who has ever used Microsoft paint before.

So if im reading this right - if i've been fully vaccinated in a country that isn't considered a stringent authority I am not allowed to fly back into HK currently if I am in a high-risk place?

I said "tests" .. not certificates. Am aware that they're scrapped. Pity..

One of the (un)intended consequences of the new requirements is that people vaccinated in non-SRA countries will now need/want to be vaccinated again in Hong Kong if they may need to travel at any time in the foreseeable future.

I have no idea whether that is safe or not but if that's what the HK government is saying then people will be queuing up to be re-vaccinated.

Home quarantine does not work.

A friend knows someone under home quarantine. The girl is allowed to walk around the house. Meanwhile, her helper goes out everyday shopping for groceries.

Home quarantine only works if the person is confined to the room.

angeluscomplex likes this.

It works depending on the. family.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    It works depending on the. family.

Quote Originally Posted by newtohk2:
    So if im reading this right - if i've been fully vaccinated in a country that isn't considered a stringent authority I am not allowed to fly back into HK currently if I am in a high-risk place?
    If this is right, I might be about to get hosed. I'm currently planning a move back to HK. I'm vaccinated (while in Singapore), but need to go to the USA between here and HK. It looks like under this week's rules I would be denied entry because Singapore isn't an SRA. Is that correct?

In an ideal world I could try to wash out the USA category A exposure by coming back to Singapore prior to HK, but I'm on an Employment Pass here. So, under the current SG rules if I leave I can only return with a letter of approval.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast