Like Tree284Likes

Nicole Kidman's TV show "Expats"

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Firemin:
    Bisney Road... owned by Chinachem according to the advertising hoarding out front! All the production trucks are generally parked outside Sandy Bay fire station first thing in the morning!
    I pass by every morning between 615/630.. did not see them today. Will keep an eye out ..

Quote Originally Posted by ycchai:
    I'm quite sure they need to quarantine after they return, its stated somewhere in the coronavirus website. Maybe your friend did a China run hence exemption
    The chief executive / govt have the ability to give exemptions. Over 40K people were exempted from quarantine last month including cross border delivery etc..

Always been a star

Name:  s-l640.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  63.8 KB

hongkong7 and JAherbert like this.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    Awwww! I thought it was gonna be based on real HK expats who go to work at the financial institution and complain about shit on Geoexpat... lol
    Oh I have a feeling there will be some HK mum caricatures ..

Name:  IMG_20210818_210514.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  197.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    The chief executive / govt have the ability to give exemptions. Over 40K people were exempted from quarantine last month including cross border delivery etc..
    He was talking about crew being exempted which is not likely unless they only flew to China

Quote Originally Posted by ycchai:
    He was talking about crew being exempted which is not likely unless they only flew to China
    The production crew could have been exempted. Exemptions are not just China cross borderm

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Worth reading I guess? Anyone read the piano teacher as well?
    I read both The Piano Teacher and The Expatriates and I liked them.
    The first one is mostly focused on events happening during the Japanese occupation of HK in WWII, which made it particularly interesting.
    The second one is about three expat women in contemporary HK, with some acute observations and quite dramatic turns. Those expats are not happy...
    Both novels are worth reading, you can easily find them in Bookazine or in second hand bookstores.
    RobRoy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemin:
    Bisney Road... owned by Chinachem according to the advertising hoarding out front! All the production trucks are generally parked outside Sandy Bay fire station first thing in the morning!
    Oh then I saw the crew me too, from the minibus! But I didn’t know it was a big Hollywood thing... tomorrow I’ll look more carefully to see if I can spot Nicole Kidman. If I’ll get lucky I’ll post a picture on geo!

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast