Like Tree141Likes

Mask Wearing

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

In Sheung Wan 98% of people are wearing masks when casually walking around. When I go on an evening run in Sun Yet Sen park, joggers and people exercising aren't wearing masks. Maybe 75% of people casually walking are wearing masks.

I for one am suffering from serious mask fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Blowfish:
    Some police are very very insistent on mask on immediately between sips, which is just ludicrous.
    If one tries that on me, I will insist that repeatedly touching the mask to take it off and put it back on is just helping to spread the germs and is totally inappropriate approach to the mask-wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Sat evening I meet up a mate and his family at the AIA Ferris Wheel in Central, they have some tables and seats where people can sit an relax and on the side was a mini AIA carnival which was rammed pack with people, so I was playing around with my kid and her friends and as I was drinking beer so my mask was on my arm in an open area and not within the carnival, some young kid selling tokens inside sees me and starts shouting in Chinese "put on your mask", I was with my kids and just laughed at him and walked away, he's lucky he didnt come out to chase me as I was already tipsy and would have smacked him without even thinking LOL.

Another time before: Tamar park the security nazi's are the worst and clueless, they love to pick on the helpers but usually stay away from White folks. One grounds keeper who wasnt even in uniform was shouting at our kids which was a big mistake as suddenly he had 4 big blokes on him, surrounding him and giving him shit, he kept trying to show his LCSD badge but you dont go shouting at kids, he was complaining that one of the kids had them shoes with a wheel underneath it and it was destroying the grass, he wasnt worried about the 50 people nearby on the grass doing evening aerobics class. He was also shouting at the kids to put on their mask LOL

We shooed him off with a few Diu Le Lo Mo after he started shouting Go Back to your own country. That took the biscuit as all 4 off us have been in HK for 30+ years LOL. so we told him to go back to China haha.

So much fun and games to play with idiots.
    Threatening to smack people around and swearing at guards all in front of your kids? Great example you seem to be setting.
    jimbo_jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    Threatening to smack people around and swearing at guards all in front of your kids? Great example you seem to be setting.
    Definitely great example not to be bullied by useless pricks who think they can bully non locals especially non whites. Explained to kids to tell parents if some RANDO comes shouting at them and that the idiot trying to harass them was WRONG. Lesson they understood well.

Go back into your white tower and keep getting special WHITE PRIVILAGE treatment as long as it can last LOL sooner or later some idiot will tell you to go back to your country as well
    TheBrit, jgl, drumbrake and 3 others like this.

HK is full of self-important little rule Nazis who try to bully people they see as weaker than themselves. I've had my son told directly (whilst I am standing next to him) that he can't eat in the non-paid area of an MTR station (pre-Covid), and I've seen security guards come out of high end fashion stores to tell to tell helpers on their day off that they cannot take photos on the street outside.

This sort of bullshit will result in a total bollocking from me, directly to the person who who starts it, then probably escalated straight to store/station management, especially if my son is there to see it. I do not want him to grow up thinking that it's okay for adults to try boss around helpers or little kids, people who are weaker or smaller, without consequence.

Letting people get away with this crap, or letting 'someone else' take responsibility for sorting out trivial problems between grown adults, is exactly the sort of thing that leads to this sort of idiocy:

https://geoexpat.com/forum/418/thread361527.html
    Last edited by jgl; 23-08-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Definitely great example not to be bullied by useless pricks who think they can bully non locals especially non whites. Explained to kids to tell parents if some RANDO comes shouting at them and that the idiot trying to harass them was WRONG. Lesson they understood well.

Go back into your white tower and keep getting special WHITE PRIVILAGE treatment as long as it can last LOL sooner or later some idiot will tell you to go back to your country as well

Talking to them and explaining to them in a calm and peaceful manner would be the route I would go, but that's just me. I wouldn't be getting drunk in front of my kids and swearing at people and threatening to give them a beat down.

Also, I'd need to be white in order to get white privilege.

Around us there is still fairly high compliance I think (except me, I take mine off pretty much any time I am outside). At Golden beach, many people still wearing when they walk along the back of the beach. Around Tuen Mun, most still wearing around the shopping streets. 100% inside - shopping centres, buses etc. I notice that workmen tend to take them off but not many others. My husband constantly nags me to wear mine. I just ignore him.

Sage likes this.

Talking to them and explaining to them in a calm and peaceful manner would be the route I would go, but that's just me. I wouldn't be getting drunk in front of my kids and swearing at people and threatening to give them a beat down.

Also, I'd need to be white in order to get white privilege.
    Yeah, I mean, I'm kinda in the middle. We do need to stand up for ourselves/what's right/against bullies, but Chuckster is getting close to Karen territory. Not saying he's a Karen, just saying that he's trending in that direction.
    rs4 likes this.

Apparently it's ok for him to smack annoying Chinese kids but totally inappropriate for a Chinese employee to yell at his kids. Indeed very consistent...
    Mcdavid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I'm sure when the local infections return then the mask wearing will jump back up to 100% again.
    Are you sure? 100%? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt30:
    In Sheung Wan 98% of people are wearing masks when casually walking around. When I go on an evening run in Sun Yet Sen park, joggers and people exercising aren't wearing masks. Maybe 75% of people casually walking are wearing masks.

I for one am suffering from serious mask fatigue.

Matt, don't suffer so that unvaxxed muppets can feel safe in their bubbles of ignorance. Just stop wearing them. It's perfectly possible to avoid wearing 99% of the
    time. The cops will not bother you, I repeat . . .

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast