Like Tree62Likes

Domestic Helper Quarantine - HK$ 800 / day @ Silka Tsuen Wan

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

As usual the whole thing is unjustifiable and actually racist. How long before they determine Nepalese, Indian and Pakistani can only go to a hotel of the government's determination?

You either give one months notice or you pay her one month in lieu and bye bye.

If you have a bad relationship, and give her one month's notice, then be aware that a lot of bad stuff can happen in the one month. Do you want a disgruntled helper working in your house ? and you do not know what she might do. So it would be bye bye and bag check.

If you have a good relationship, then one month's notice works.

There is a form that either one of you can fill in which is the termination reason. You can send your own copy to immigration stating the reason for termination. (or you can leave it blank)

You have to pay $100 transport and also air ticket . For air ticket you can buy the ticket for her or give cash. If I were you I would give the cash.

Draw up an agreement stating tthe helper has received all payment for work, holidays etc, air fare and " that you have settled all payment due to the helper and there are no outstanding amounts to be settled"

The best is to find the agent who signed your helper and get them to do the calculations of amount due. That way no argument.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Yes. The only reason why they can come back and not those from India, Pakistan, etc… is because the dishes are starting to stack up in people’s sinks…
    Does include domestic helpers from India too.

It is the "DH" designation (only a few countries are approved on this list) that is troubling...

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    This is dumb... what's the reason they cannot use the same quarantine hotels as everyone else, it it simply because of skin colour?
    It’s more than dumb, it’s segregation.

The RTHK article presents it as a way to control the number of Philipinos and Indonesians entering HK. But I’m pretty sure there were other ways to do that.

The bottleneck in the system will come with the specific quarantine hotel they must stay at, with only around 400 rooms available initially – at the Silka in Tsuen Wan.

This just gives the Hong Kong masters another excuse to exploit these vulnerable women even more. SMH

typical HK, feeding the rich after taking from the poorer. I don't even know why I bother with this place, probably the force of habit!

The government lost the plot ages ago, but this latest 'arrangement' is just madness.

I'd also bet my lunch money that at some point, Philippines Airline will get slapped with a 14 day ban due to import cases.

What an abysmal hotel room - how is there even a market for such a pathetic room?

hongkong7 and Baklava like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    What an abysmal hotel room - how is there even a market for such a pathetic room?
    And 800 a night not cheap . Basically they are forcing me now to what is mistreatment of my helper . I had her booked into Dorset which looked very decent . Confinement for 21days probably rubbish food no exercise . What the hell are those uncountable lunatics thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    It would be OK for a short overnight crash but 3 weeks!
    hongkong7 and Baklava like this.