Like Tree115Likes

Primary Schools - No cafeteria = No Full Day Classes

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    A lot of IS do have cafeterias or have been able to convert other spaces into semi-permanent lunch halls since Covid.

Our kids do not eat in the classroom anymore and we were told this was to comply with EDB to keep full day. So not sure why ESF didn’t know.
    The school in question has no cafeteria and 900 kids. The principal explained that to convert other rooms into eating areas would be more disruptive, taking both too much space (no more assembly hall, no more covered playground) and too much time as they would need 3 eating shifts every day and waste a lot of everybody’s time in the process. Not easy to solve this one.

If this policy is here to stay, though, many schools will have to plan some renovation works to build permanent cafeterias. I can already see the fundraising push on the parents...
    Still, to find the actual square footage for that will remain a problem for many schools I guess.
    Mrs. Jones, shri, rs4 and 1 others like this.

To add to that .. the conversion has to be permanent. as in you cannot convert the assembly hall for example into a canteen for a few hours and then back to normal usage.

Last edited by shri; 09-09-2021 at 06:54 PM.
    Baklava and hongkong7 like this.

It is another hurdle for kids and paving the way for all the younger school kids to have the jab...which I do not agree with.

rs4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    It is another hurdle for kids and paving the way for all the younger school kids to have the jab...which I do not agree with.
    So do you not give kids polio, measles and other jabs? What plausible reason do you have for not vaxxing in this case?

Covid is not political. How countries deal with it is. How some people are dealing with it is baffling to me. If it reduces the effects on the small chance of me getting a dose and reduces the chances of me onward transmitting then that’s a good enough reason.
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Seems fair enough to hold that opinion:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...box=1631205198

rs4 likes this.

For every million Pfizer second doses given to 12-17-year-old-boys, around 60 had the condition
    And the symptoms can be managed, be it serious or not they are still classify as side effects

Don't just look at headlines, that's 0.006% chance. Compared to maybe girls at 0.001%. Is that high?

This kind of argument I cannot accept especially from the high risk group saying too dangerous for me blah blah blah. They never say if I get covid there is a100%chance of dying. They are lucky to have idiotic govt going for 0 case.
    shri, ByeByeEngland, jgl and 1 others like this.

how do they define snack and a big snack?

this is such bs

Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:
    My son started at ESF a few weeks back and was allowed two "snacks" during his day from 8am, until 3. Obviously they stressed the later snack was not lunch but a snack (just to appease the government whack jobs) but it could be a bigger snack than the first one.

I also found out they also had to put the TV on when the kids were eating so they wouldnt talk to each other while eating. Heaven forbid a 5 year old at school would want to talk to another five year old while both were maskless and eating! You know like the millions of adults that eat lunch in the city do every single day.

And the city full of sheep (I hate this term but it really does fit) all just blindly comply with everything the government tells them to do. So very sad...
    hongkong7 likes this.

These insane covid mitigation measures would be so lol but for the very real damage this has done to my kid at a critical time of her life .
    Zero medical justification for any of this .
    Is there any parent who does not see the damage being done to their kids health ,psychology and education ?? And all totally unnecessary .
    I am looking into a boarding school in the mainland now . This would have been astonishing to me that I would contemplate that even a few months ago

Last edited by hongkong7; 10-09-2021 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    These insane covid mitigation measures would be so lol but for the very real damage this has done to my kid at a critical time of her life .
    Zero medical justification for any of this .
    Is there any parent who does not see the damage being done to their kids health ,psychology and education ?? And all totally unnecessary .
    I am looking into a boarding school in the mainland now . This would have been astonishing to me that I would contemplate that even a few months ago
    A lot of local families support or at least accept the restrictions. When campuses reopened last spring some parents from our school called EDB asking to keep them closed.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    So do you not give kids polio, measles and other jabs? What plausible reason do you have for not vaxxing in this case?

That is not what I am saying. I am not anti - vax. However, Polio, measles etc. vaccines underwent scrutiny and years of research. (Do you not remember Thalidomide ?????? when they said it was OK...)

How about the older population take the jab ? Why should young kids who are developing be made to take the jab to protect the older population?

I am not saying that all children will get heart inflammation but it is like an unlucky lottery. And right now, kids are not catching covid, not in Hong Kong where there is even less space.

I hope they do have a vaccine for children but it has to be proper testing, research etc.
    Let me give you an analogy. If you smoke a cigarette every day , you. are not going to get cancer immediately are you ? So who knows the long term effects of a rushed vaccine for kids ? Why propose to make young kids take the jab when not 100 percent of health care workers who have higher chance of spreading the virus do not take the jab ?

https://www.freep.com/story/news/202...ne/5323095001/

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/d...2-226d746dfb0a
    rs4 likes this.