Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By jgl
  • 2 Post By jgl
  • 1 Post By Andy SNK
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

BOCOM Insurance CEO Missing - Preferential treatment?

Closed Thread

BOCOM Insurance CEO Missing - Preferential treatment?

Perhaps I just haven't been paying attention, but I don't remember seeing such search arrangements when an ordinary HK tax payer goes missing...?
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...g-after-a-hike

Can't say that this really bothers me, with someone like this there's a higher chance of criminal intent being involved.

Also, even for normal "HK taxpayers," the emergency services response is usually far in excess what would happen anywhere else. I've seen 30+ people from three departments turn up for a single, non-life-threatening, injury. It's not exactly efficient, but it's effective and free.

The only downside, imo, is that people become overly reliant on rescues.

shri, Andy SNK, Morrison and 1 others like this.

Another Chinese executive "gone missing"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna:
    Perhaps I just haven't been paying attention, but I don't remember seeing such search arrangements when an ordinary HK tax payer goes missing...?
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...g-after-a-hike
    Every time I heard 1-2 helicopters circled around the mountains near my home, soon enough there were news about missing hiker(s)
    and most of the missing cases are lone hiker. @jgl is right, the search & emergency effort in HK is really massive. it always involve many officers from different department. some people does take it for granted.
    hongkong7 likes this.

Incoming crochety old "in my day" story.

About ten years ago we took a friend, who'd just flown in to HK, hiking on Lantau. Wet, misty weather and and a total lack of appropriate footwear saw him sprain an ankle and he was totally unable to walk.

We spent over an hour carrying him on our backs out to the nearest road. Bastard must have weighed 80-90kg at the time. Never even occurred to us to call emergency services because nobody was about to die.

We have never let him forget it.

These days, I'd just call emergency services.

Jillypots and Mrs. Jones like this.

And his body was found ...

The executive director and chief executive officer of China BOCOM Insurance Company Limited, Shou Fugang, disappeared last Sunday (12) in Sai Kung, the search and rescue team searched for days and finally found his body last Friday (17) in a 50-meter slope on a trail near Tan Chai Shan, suspected that he lost his footing and fell down the slope while hiking. The body was found in a 50-meter slope on a trail near Tan Chai Shan on Friday (17).
    https://news.mingpao.com/ins/%e6%b8%...1632114086589/

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Incoming crochety old "in my day" story.

About ten years ago we took a friend, who'd just flown in to HK, hiking on Lantau. Wet, misty weather and and a total lack of appropriate footwear saw him sprain an ankle and he was totally unable to walk.

We spent over an hour carrying him on our backs out to the nearest road. Bastard must have weighed 80-90kg at the time. Never even occurred to us to call emergency services because nobody was about to die.

We have never let him forget it.

These days, I'd just call emergency services.
    Where on Lantau was that ?

RIP

I always tell people not to hike alone. Regardless of age, skills, gender, time, weather, etc.

FYI to everyone in HK.

You are entitled to ONE (1) FREE helicopter rescue in your life time in HK, the 2nd rescue you will get charged $$$

So if your really stuck in the hills and injured, feel free to dial 999 and get rescued.

Your HKID will be entered into the system to show you have been rescued and used up your 1 free rescue

hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Where on Lantau was that ?
    The main exit trail that comes down from Lantau Peak to Tung Chung Road. Nothing particularly noteworthy.