Like Tree92Likes

Staying "Not Bored" in Hong Kong - 2021 "Its Still Hot" Edition...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Nah, we didnt like that, heard food not great etc. I trust Royal Caribbean with their brand new boat more. Will go late October.
    I went on Genting last month. I loved it.

    Everything was mediocre. BUT IT FELT LIKE A VACATION.

    I am considering another cruise but with Royal Caribbean. The price is almost 3x genting... so you pay for what you get (the golden rule in hk).
    Elegiaque likes this.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,703
    Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    BUT IT FELT LIKE A VACATION.
    Yeah, this was the main point for me as well. Actually really really looking forward to it. Hope no typhoon shows up to muddle our plans.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Yeah, this was the main point for me as well. Actually really really looking forward to it. Hope no typhoon shows up to muddle our plans.
    Im sure youll enjoy it.

    I will probably book RC soon too. Nothing beats having a beer and smoke on cruise balcony.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    I went on Genting last month. I loved it.

    Everything was mediocre. BUT IT FELT LIKE A VACATION.

    I am considering another cruise but with Royal Caribbean. The price is almost 3x genting... so you pay for what you get (the golden rule in hk).
    Where is Genting/what is Genting?

    Initially I thought you meant Kenting on the south tip of Taiwan, which is quite cool, but involves flying. Or can you cruise there on a ship?

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    θ–„ζ‰Άζž—
    Posts
    48,089
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Where is Genting/what is Genting?

    Initially I thought you meant Kenting on the south tip of Taiwan, which is quite cool, but involves flying. Or can you cruise there on a ship?
    Genting is a major cruise operator.. And gambling and entertainment too. Malaysian owned if I recall..

    They do a lot of cruises out of HK and now to nowhere..
    Cheeky Kiwi, jgl and muzzdang like this.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    29,858
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Genting is a major cruise operator.. And gambling and entertainment too. Malaysian owned if I recall..

    They do a lot of cruises out of HK and now to nowhere..
    We used to go on the balcony of our apartment and wave the ships and happy passengers out every night. The ships and passengers didn't seem so bright and happy in the morning on their return.
    jgl likes this.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    except dragonboating, which seemed a bit pointless

    This being Hong Kong, it's a pretty strong position to take, I must say

  8. #28

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    I miss flying...what should I do to get that fix when I can't fly?
    You can go to the HK aviation club and ask pilots there to take you for a joyride. I did it a couple times when ppl were flying on a r22 and needed a passenger to balance the weight
    Coolboy and Skyhook like this.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6,536
    Original Post Deleted
    And then occupy yourself with their slow death...



    Oh well, like I said, I have my dreams.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:

    This being Hong Kong, it's a pretty strong position to take, I must say
    Outrigger or surf ski, where you can paddle for hours and cover tens of km, vs dragonboat, where you bust your ass like crazy to move a giant bathtub, what, 250 meters?
    hike and Plutark like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast