Like Tree3Likes

HK Property Tycoons & Stocks: Who's picking bottom?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beijing sends message to Hong Kong tycoons: fall in line

As Beijing seeks to tighten its grip over Hong Kong, it has a new mandate for the city's powerful property tycoons: pour resources and influence into backing Beijing's interests, and help solve a potentially destabilising housing shortage.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/with-tighter-grip-beijing-sends-message-hong-kong-tycoons-fall-line-2021-09-17/

Would be nice if HK property prices fell by half.

HK Property Tycoons & Stocks: Who's picking bottom?

Superman and Victor are buying back 1113 regularly for almost over a year now and the knife is still falling, zero impact of buyback and today its down almost 10%, god knows why..

I think this is a good sign for the RE issue in HK. If China is punishing big firms like Alibaba/tencent to give back to the community, then RE is another giant that needs to start "caring" about the affordability. The greed has gone out of control in the past 20 years due to government collusion/corruption with the RE giants.

As a tenant with no RE in HK, I would love to see the RE market crash and burn (harder than 1997 era). But its most likely a pipe dream.

WOW I just noticed the stock market for the RE companies... crazy red day for them.

Mind boggling to see generally cash rich tycoons with sound balancesheets are falling off cliff for no reason (Hah! talk of valuation) or am i missing some headline not yet out!!

00012 -10%
    00017 -12%
    1113 -9%
    Even 823 -4-5%

Ironically new properties are selling like hot cakes, probably Evergrande effect but strange times we live in...

Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Mind boggling to see generally cash rich tycoons with sound balancesheets are falling off cliff for no reason (Hah! talk of valuation) or am i missing some headline not yet out!!

00012 -10%
    00017 -12%
    1113 -9%
    Even 823 -4-5%

Ironically new properties are selling like hot cakes, probably Evergrande effect but strange times we live in...
    Chinese investors often take a strictly gambling mentality to stock investment, their investment decisions are often divorced from the real valuation of the companies.

Add in political opacity and abrupt decisions and often dubious corporate governance and you end up with buying and selling securities with little real connection to the actual companies' performance.
    ndt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    00012 -10%
    00017 -12%
    1113 -9%
    Even 823 -4-5%
    Looks like China sneezed today.

I think the reason to sell is quite clear. Friday this was issued after market hours.
    Whether is real or some market manipulating rumours we can never know..

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/...ne-2021-09-17/

Clarification out today but... DYODD >>

中方消息:路透報道不正確 否認閉門對港地產商提任務

• 路透社報道引述3位主要地產商及1位熟 悉相關會談的香港政府顧問指,中國 員今年在閉門會議傳達有關信息,配 近月北京努力在香港推行國家安全法 ,同時令港人更加「愛國」的行動。 道引述接近內地官方的消息人士指, 港主要地產商被告知「遊戲規則已經 改變」,北京不再接受「壟斷行為」 而北京最新看法對於「大孖沙」而言 巨大轉捩點。
    • 接近中方消息表示,路透社這個消息 正確。消息人士指出,中央是希望香 盡快解決土地房屋的深層矛盾,但關 於閉門會議要求地產商某些任務的說 ,並不正確。
    • 香港前特首、全國政協副主席梁振英 稱,由於地產大亨與香港的經濟和政 關係非常密切,北京很難將他們完全 排除在外,他們是香港政治經濟生態 的一個重要組成部分,「我們需要謹 行事,不把嬰兒和洗澡水一起倒掉。 」

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast