Like Tree9Likes

Vaccine Certificate to be Updated... (DOB & Gender)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Vaccine Certificate to be Updated... (DOB & Gender)

​The Government announced today (September 24) that the COVID-19 vaccination records issued by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government will have added in them information on the date of birth and sex of the vaccine recipient, as well as the manufacturer of the vaccine the person received, starting from September 29, with a view to meeting common travel rules of some overseas jurisdictions (e.g. the United Kingdom (UK)). The relevant arrangement will be applicable to both paper and electronic records so as to facilitate the public's travel needs.
    From

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...1092400469.htm

so you need a within-2weeks ticket to get a updated vaccine record ? hmmm
    can't get one to stay updated ?

I am glad I have a EU coughit pass

it is completely stupid to require plane ticket to update the paper version!

after 14 hr flight your phone dies/dead battery , no certificate.......hmmm sorry bud no entry.

if you go to China by ferry.......need plane ticket......I can just imagine the guy/girl at counter, sorry rules are rules you need to show us plane ticket lol

Sage likes this.

Apparently, if you authorise someone else to collect it, you do need to bring proof of travel- so that makes sense. My partner and I can go together and collect each others.

"Those who cannot come in person can authorise other persons to obtain the updated paper vaccination records for them. The authorised person shall present his or her own proof of identity, a completed authorisation form (which can be downloaded from the website of the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme) and copies of the recipient's proof of identity and vaccination record."

JAherbert likes this.

I think the proof of travel is an OK measure to control the number of people rushing to the CVCs to get a new souvenir. If you are travelling you nmhave a legit need.

Is there any need for a dob and gender vax cert in HK?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Not yet. It´s in line with the Hong Kong philosophy (closed eco system) to do things different then the rest of the world. A good example of that is the flimsy Hong Kong drivers license that is issued without a photo.. works fine in Hong Kong but outside Hong Kong they stare at it in disbelief. Even my Chinese drivers license has a photo.
    JAherbert likes this.

Did mine on the IAMSmart this morning and saved to apple wallet. Very straightforward process

Shiojiri Hiro likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I think the proof of travel is an OK measure to control the number of people rushing to the CVCs to get a new souvenir. If you are travelling you nmhave a legit need.

to get the update they said you need to return to the CVC that issued the certificate 1/ some CVC's have already closed, and 2/ the other CVC's will close soon. 3/ what happens if EU or other country requires the passport number? it is fcuk up

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    to get the update they said you need to return to the CVC that issued the certificate 1/ some CVC's have already closed, and 2/ the other CVC's will close soon. 3/ what happens if EU or other country requires the passport number? it is fcuk up
    I checked my digital cert on iAMSmart and it does not have a DoB ...

No clue how this would work for the the kids who have already left for uni / boarding ...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast