Like Tree36Likes

Group A Countries

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Group A Countries

What is the basis upon determining what country is considered group A and which are not? Like are there some strict set of guidelines on determining such a country when placing them in group A?

I do believe the vaccination rate of a particular country's population seems to be a factor, but I was just wondering if anyone here knows in detail how the HK government does this?

Last edited by HumphreyResort; 25-09-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HumphreyResort:
    What is the basis upon determining what country is considered group A and which are not? Like are there some strict set of guidelines on determining such a country when placing them in group A?

I do believe the vaccination rate of a particular country's population seems to be a factor, but I was just wondering if anyone here knows in detail how the HK government does this?
    No idea for HK but a friend asked a UK MP the same question and received a written reply saying we don't know the government won't say how it is calculated. If it is like that in the UK I can only imagine it is even less transparent than that.
    Morrison and bigtooth81 like this.

Each week they throw all the country names into a hat and bring them up to Lion Rock for the monkeys to choose (vert auspicious this way)!

Seriously though, as we've already told you in your other thread, don't depend on still having 14days come mid/late fall. All it took for the 7 days QT period to vanish was 1, count it 1 case (that was very curious in and of itself), who tested positive after 7 days (but who obviously picked it up in the QT hotel).

Look for rationale, sane decision-making elsewhere, not in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Each week they throw all the country names into a hat and bring them up to Lion Rock for the monkeys to choose (vert auspicious this way)!

Seriously though, as we've already told you in your other thread, don't depend on still having 14days come mid/late fall. All it took for the 7 days QT period to vanish was 1, count it 1 case (that was very curious in and of itself), who tested positive after 7 days (but who obviously picked it up in the QT hotel).

Look for rationale, sane decision-making elsewhere, not in HK.
    I am not really concerned on the quarantine period to be honest, I am just concerned about my country being moved to group A, and if thats the case then I cannot bring my friend along ( she is not a HK resident and I am ). For me personally I have no issues doing the quarantine period of 14 days or 21 days. So thats why I was wondering if there is some standard in which HK follows to put countries in group A or not.

I am not really concerned on the quarantine period to be honest, I am just concerned about my country being moved to group A, and if thats the case then I cannot bring my friend along ( she is not a HK resident and I am ). For me personally I have no issues doing the quarantine period of 14 days or 21 days. So thats why I was wondering if there is some standard in which HK follows to put countries in group A or not.
    If cases in your country are going up then you are at risk particularly if there's a direct link to HK. It's not fair to say there's no logic to it but there are certainly no clear guidelines. There's no doubt the HK government is pretty paranoid about getting the Delta variant in the community so overreaction is an expectation. Also keep in mind that any transit through other countries that are group A puts you in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    If cases in your country are going up then you are at risk particularly if there's a direct link to HK. It's not fair to say there's no logic to it but there are certainly no clear guidelines. There's no doubt the HK government is pretty paranoid about getting the Delta variant in the community so overreaction is an expectation. Also keep in mind that any transit through other countries that are group A puts you in that category.
    My country is Korea and I am not sure how directly linked it is with HK. It seems to be ok in Korea at the moment with a spike like today due to the holidays this week. But thats why I am alittle worried so was asking here in case people knew some information. But does seem like there are no clear guidelines I suppose.

My country is Korea and I am not sure how directly linked it is with HK. It seems to be ok in Korea at the moment with a spike like today due to the holidays this week. But thats why I am alittle worried so was asking here in case people knew some information. But does seem like there are no clear guidelines I suppose.
    They have a dartboard with country names, then they just throw darts to decide which goes where.

All that needs to happen is a decision to reopen in Korea and/or a spike in cases and then it could easily be put in group A. In my opinion, it is a possibility. In any case, there isn't anything you can do about it, you just have to accept that there is a scenario now, it could be a little better or a little worse in a few months. It sucks but that's just the way it is if you choose to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    All that needs to happen is a decision to reopen in Korea and/or a spike in cases and then it could easily be put in group A. In my opinion, it is a possibility. In any case, there isn't anything you can do about it, you just have to accept that there is a scenario now, it could be a little better or a little worse in a few months. It sucks but that's just the way it is if you choose to travel.
    I am sorry I do not really understand what you mean in the first sentence?

I always thought A stands for adversary and all depends on the political Wetterlage

dossier likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast