Like Tree159Likes

Autopsy - TS Lionrock

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Autopsy - TS Lionrock

HKO say T3 tomorrow (they said "consider" raising T3, but if past history is any guide, they won't mention T3 unless they are pretty certain about raising it):

Special Weather Tips|Hong Kong Observatory(HKO)|Special Weather Tips

T3. The most annoying of the T's

Rob2020 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    HKO say T3 tomorrow (they said "consider" raising T3, but if past history is any guide, they won't mention T3 unless they are pretty certain about raising it):

Special Weather Tips|Hong Kong Observatory(HKO)|Special Weather Tips
    Trying to remember if they have ever "considered" it and decided not.

Well this is good news. Killed the humidity and a nice breeze. One eye on a possible 8 later today or tomorrow.

Just like in Taiwan, work and classes are often cancelled when the storm isn't that bad and on days like this they're not. I wonder if the meteorologists ever turn their heads away from the satellite images and actually look out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdavid:
    Just like in Taiwan, work and classes are often cancelled when the storm isn't that bad and on days like this they're not. I wonder if the meteorologists ever turn their heads away from the satellite images and actually look out the window.
    the problem with HK is that the impact is isolated and regional. For example in Sai Kung at the moment this is windier than 80 per cent of the T8s I’ve experienced but I’m guessing many other places are wondering what all the fuss is about
    Coolboy, Skyhook and chingleutsch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    the problem with HK is that the impact is isolated and regional. For example in Sai Kung at the moment this is windier than 80 per cent of the T8s I’ve experienced but I’m guessing many other places are wondering what all the fuss is about
    This is true, however, the city must/should operate on lowest/worst case denominator. In Kowloon City/Wong Tai Sin it's been absolutely brutal and many people who live there work/go to school elsewhere, just as in Sai Kung. A city can't operate/function properly by pointing to the areas where it's not bad and saying, "See? Just a bit of wind and rain."
    Coolboy likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    What do you mean by that? That a city SHOULD expect to function/operate normally if the condition in one or more areas is not severe, and just f- the rest of the city?

(Moved this one out .. if nothing else to acknowledge the name..)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdavid:
    What do you mean by that? That a city SHOULD expect to function/operate normally if the condition in one or more areas is not severe, and just f- the rest of the city?
    Exactly but without the sanctimonious rage. You aren't fu king anybody by allowing common sense to dictate your behaviour without a city wide mandate to shut everything down. My kid would've been just fine going to school today in a light rain and no wind but it was shut because it was raining heavily and very windy on the other side of the city. I know that common sense is not that common and people here especially need to be told exactly what to do all the time so this would never happen but that doesn't make it the standard.
    Sage likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast