If the Government go ahead with revised Covid requirements for aircrew I can see some of the long haulers pulling out. Not because they don’t want to retain the route but because flights are resuming in the rest of the world they just don’t have the idle resources to double up on flight crew and air stewards that they might have had a few weeks ago to perform a touch down, stay on the plane, change crew and fly out type operation.
...or they could be charging stupid money for flights...
It’s abundantly clear that a zero Covid strategy is not going away, yet people are still trying to argue against it. I don’t agree with it but deal with it, life comes much more manageable trust me. Record daily cases in Germany, Russia on the increase and the UK far too honest for its own good in the daily testing rates are just giving China all the excuses it needs.
Politically China has pretty much succeeded in its aim to fully control its S.A.R.s. Macao the meek and Hong Kong the weak. Taiwan still succeeding in its two fingered we will deal with it our way approach.
I agree that using science to attempt to persuade the HK/CCP to not be such cunts is utterly pointless. But similarly just accepting their bullshit is pathetically weak.
Now to my next post - a burner phone guide for dummies.
Travel? The vast majority of locals couldn’t give a flying fuck about international travel. . They’ll support the need for mainland travel first for family reasons and secondly because HK misses the spending HKD.
When push comes to shove look back at the last 20 months. Has HK had a full lockdown? Have people ever been limited to just going out for essential shopping. Is your life really impacted by the fact that bars shut at 2am rather than 24 hours? Can you deal with no public BBQ pits. Pretty much the worst we have had is 6pm dining in curfew and a run on essentials (and non-essentials) in early day panics. Compare that to 90 percent plus of first world countries dealings with Covid.
Oh and NOT ONE PERSON on here is fooled by your I don’t wear a mask or I won’t use LHS unless fake or burner phone bullshit. No one ever gets caught or fined? Wrong again.
My mask wearing is limited to when directly in town, any shop or inside places and public transport. I suspect you’re is to but you’re too conceited to admit the bullshit.
Ha ha, you're fooled! You're about the only person who believes I don't wear.
I'll relate another 2 stories to you:
1) Sat Night - Halloween party. Coming out onto an utterly empty street in Chai Wan at 1am - empty bar the van load of cops stting in the road.
I look at them, they look at me, nothing happens for a second, then one of them aggressively shouts "hey where's your mask" I hold up the sign around my neck ( the HK police arrest card for Matthew Choi - the Taxi killer) and say something about it's ok, i'm already in custody, give a big smile and walk on. The humourless twat gets out of the van followed by his sidekicks, I keep walking, they keep shouting. Unluckliy for me my other half stops walking and waits for the cops - doh! I walk on further, they continue to shout following me, walking past my other half (always masked). So i bit the bullet and take the black hood part of my costume, face them, and pull it down over my head (obviously, eye holes only) "satisfied now?". They look on somewhat aghast, I chuckle to myself and keep walking..... get round the corner and take the hood off again (there's no one to enjoy the spectacle here ;-)
2) Last night 7pm, pedestrian bridge crossing the highway in sheung Wan. Me walking one way, 4 cops the other. I'm maskless and whistling loudly (which i often do to drive the point home). The cops aren't in a hurry, just sauntering along (nobody to hassle at this moment in time). We're one meter apart, one of them looks at me and points aggressively making a mask gesture. I don't stop, keep whistling and keep walking. After Sat night, surely they're gonna follow up after such blatant disregard for them?
I keep walking, waiting for the shout or the hand on my shoulder, it never comes.....
Yet another small victory to recount on Geo.
Last edited by Sage; 05-11-2021 at 12:14 PM.
Apart from everyone thinking " what a twat" what did you achieve?
How is the UK deaths spreadsheet looking?
And the list of countries that have declared the pandemic over?
Here are the facts:
1) I don't have to wear a mask. - Benefit!
2) Local unvaxxed idiots feel uncomfortable around non mask wearers - Benefit!
3) UK deaths - You spat the dummy and started hurling insults when the facts didn't suit your agenda and got that thread closed. If you cared to apologise and explain that actually, you'd like to continue that discussion now that you feel the facts suit your agenda better, perhaps Shri will reopen it for you?