Like Tree1045Likes

Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?

Page 18 of 80 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    What's your point? That people should bend over and embrace China's every whim?

I agree that using science to attempt to persuade the HK/CCP to not be such cunts is utterly pointless. But similarly just accepting their bullshit is pathetically weak.

Now to my next post - a burner phone guide for dummies.
    My point is Mr Covid strategy ‘expert’ that if you think your actions are going to influence a government and its parent when bigger (and much more impactful) protests failed then you are very much mistaken. Life becomes so much more bearable when you look at the latest ridiculous announcements, laugh, and learn how to deal with them.

Travel? The vast majority of locals couldn’t give a flying fuck about international travel. . They’ll support the need for mainland travel first for family reasons and secondly because HK misses the spending HKD.

When push comes to shove look back at the last 20 months. Has HK had a full lockdown? Have people ever been limited to just going out for essential shopping. Is your life really impacted by the fact that bars shut at 2am rather than 24 hours? Can you deal with no public BBQ pits. Pretty much the worst we have had is 6pm dining in curfew and a run on essentials (and non-essentials) in early day panics. Compare that to 90 percent plus of first world countries dealings with Covid.

Oh and NOT ONE PERSON on here is fooled by your I don’t wear a mask or I won’t use LHS unless fake or burner phone bullshit. No one ever gets caught or fined? Wrong again.

My mask wearing is limited to when directly in town, any shop or inside places and public transport. I suspect you’re is to but you’re too conceited to admit the bullshit.
    blandy62, hullexile, D.YU and 4 others like this.

Ha ha, you're fooled! You're about the only person who believes I don't wear.

I'll relate another 2 stories to you:

1) Sat Night - Halloween party. Coming out onto an utterly empty street in Chai Wan at 1am - empty bar the van load of cops stting in the road.
    I look at them, they look at me, nothing happens for a second, then one of them aggressively shouts "hey where's your mask" I hold up the sign around my neck ( the HK police arrest card for Matthew Choi - the Taxi killer) and say something about it's ok, i'm already in custody, give a big smile and walk on. The humourless twat gets out of the van followed by his sidekicks, I keep walking, they keep shouting. Unluckliy for me my other half stops walking and waits for the cops - doh! I walk on further, they continue to shout following me, walking past my other half (always masked). So i bit the bullet and take the black hood part of my costume, face them, and pull it down over my head (obviously, eye holes only) "satisfied now?". They look on somewhat aghast, I chuckle to myself and keep walking..... get round the corner and take the hood off again (there's no one to enjoy the spectacle here ;-)

2) Last night 7pm, pedestrian bridge crossing the highway in sheung Wan. Me walking one way, 4 cops the other. I'm maskless and whistling loudly (which i often do to drive the point home). The cops aren't in a hurry, just sauntering along (nobody to hassle at this moment in time). We're one meter apart, one of them looks at me and points aggressively making a mask gesture. I don't stop, keep whistling and keep walking. After Sat night, surely they're gonna follow up after such blatant disregard for them?

I keep walking, waiting for the shout or the hand on my shoulder, it never comes.....

Yet another small victory to recount on Geo.

Last edited by Sage; 05-11-2021 at 12:14 PM.

1) Sat Night - Halloween party. Coming out onto an utterly empty street in Chai Wan at 1am - empty bar the van load of cops stting in the road.
    I look at them, they look at me, nothing happens for a second, then one of them aggressively shouts "hey where's your mask" I hold up the sign around my neck ( the HK police arrest card for Matthew Choi - the Taxi killer) and say something about it's ok, i'm already in custody, give a big smile and walk on. The humourless twat gets out of the van followed by his sidekicks, I keep walking, they keep shouting. Unluckliy for me my other half stops walking and waits for the cops - doh! I walk on further, they continue to shout following me, walking past my other half (always masked). So i bit the bullet and take the black hood part of my costume, face them, and pull it down over my head (obviously, eye holes only) "satisfied now?". They look on somewhat aghast, I chuckle to myself and keep walking..... get round the corner and take the hood off again (there's no one to enjoy the spectacle here ;-)

2) Last night 7pm, pedestrian bridge crossing the highway in sheung Wan. Me walking one way, 4 cops the other. I'm maskless and whistling loudly (which i often do to drive the point home). The cops aren't in a hurry, just sauntering along (nobody to hassle at this moment in time). We're one meter apart, one of them looks at me and points aggressively making a mask gesture. I don't stop, keep whistling and keep walking. After Sat night, surely they're gonna follow up after such blatant disregard for them?

I keep walking, waiting for the shout or the hand on my shoulder, it never comes.....

And I am sure they are meeting in Beijing at the moment to change their policies as a result of your action.

Apart from everyone thinking " what a twat" what did you achieve?

How is the UK deaths spreadsheet looking?
    And the list of countries that have declared the pandemic over?
    ByeByeEngland, Cornmeal and qhank like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    And I am sure they are meeting in Beijing at the moment to change their policies as a result of your action.

Apart from everyone thinking " what a twat" what did you achieve?

This really not difficult to understand.

Here are the facts:

1) I don't have to wear a mask. - Benefit!

2) Local unvaxxed idiots feel uncomfortable around non mask wearers - Benefit!

3) UK deaths - You spat the dummy and started hurling insults when the facts didn't suit your agenda and got that thread closed. If you cared to apologise and explain that actually, you'd like to continue that discussion now that you feel the facts suit your agenda better, perhaps Shri will reopen it for you?

https://geoexpat.com/forum/415/thread360284-5.html

"Chief Executive Carrie Lam on Friday said she is hopeful of a "larger scale" reopening of the border in February next year"

Does she know the dates of the beijing winter olympic games ? As finishing on 20th february... don't expect anything before March.
    blandy62 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by etienne43:
    "Chief Executive Carrie Lam on Friday said she is hopeful of a "larger scale" reopening of the border in February next year"

Does she know the dates of the beijing winter olympic games ? As finishing on 20th february... don't expect anything before March.
    She’s talking about the mainland.

This really not difficult to understand.

Here are the facts:

1) I don't have to wear a mask. - Benefit!

2) Local unvaxxed idiots feel uncomfortable around non mask wearers - Benefit!

3) UK deaths - You spat the dummy and started hurling insults when the facts didn't suit your agenda and got that thread closed. If you cared to apologise and explain that actually, you'd like to continue that discussion now that you feel the facts suit your agenda better, perhaps Shri will reopen it for you?

https://geoexpat.com/forum/415/thread360284-5.html
    qhank likes this.

And every one of your ‘victories’ including your spectacular result this morning with no LHS app drives another nail in the common sense coffin as the authority’s take note and fine tune. Bars and patrons are being banned, fined and some have had their licensing hours reduced for two week stints because of ‘heroes’ like you.

They can and will extend spot checks to other establishments. If you want to play lucky lottery go ahead.

As for the masks again what a fucking hero you are. Meanwhile we will just sit and wait before you call someone’s bluff once too often.

none of the above are massive crimes but the biggest crime you are committing is making us look like a bunch of wankers in front of the locals and giving them the easy excuse (not that they need one) to say look at the Westerners.

HK is still a fantastic place to live for an expat, less so for many locals. Those of us on both sides of that divide will probably form a waving off committee at the airport when you decide to fuck off. I might even pay for your taxi
    Last edited by ByeByeEngland; 05-11-2021 at 01:29 PM.
    qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    And every one of your ‘victories’ including your spectacular result this morning with no LHS app drives another nail in the common sense coffin as the authority’s take note and fine tune. Bars and patrons are being banned, fined and some have had their licensing hours reduced for two week stints because of ‘heroes’ like you.
    Can your good self and Hull please put your two big bloated heads together and kindly get your story straight?

I'm making no difference at all?
    I'm getting policies (and attitudes) changed?

Or perhaps there's a 3rd scenario?.... You're both full of shit and my much more modest goals that don't involve changing the world are regularly achieved?

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    She’s talking about the mainland.
    Yes border reopening between mainland china and Hong Kong......so don't understand your reply....

Page 18 of 80 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast