Like Tree1087Likes

Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?

Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Wrong for who?

The whole WORLD GOT IT WRONG at one or the other point amidst the ongoing battle against the pandemic. So, HK can't be an exception.

It's all trial and error approach because the virus we confront is new; mistakes are bound to happen. So, I no longer keep poking at the faults -- the wrong strategies-- instead, I just stay optimistic that we will be free of this pandemic soon.

That "soon" maybe decades later, though. Or, just a year away from now on. Who knows.

Aramis and East_coast like this.

You are meant to say “HK govt”...
    CCP is knocking on Taiwan’s door now so pshh

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    The whole WORLD GOT IT WRONG at one or the other point amidst the ongoing battle against the pandemic. So, HK can't be an exception.

It's all trial and error approach because the virus we confront is new; mistakes are bound to happen. So, I no longer keep poking at the faults -- the wrong strategies-- instead, I just stay optimistic that we will be free of this pandemic soon.

That "soon" maybe decades later, though. Or, just a year away from now on. Who knows.

Disagree, the whole world did not get it wrong, 'life finds a way', though some people still erroneously think they have total control.

The sentiment that everyone's mismanagement is on a par with each other is clearly utterly ridiculous.

I understand why you want to stick your head in the sand and not face up to the truth about HK, but shouting in bold text means we have to yank that long neck out of the sand and whisper some home truths.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Disagree, the whole world did not get it wrong, 'life finds a way', though some people still erroneously think they have total control.

The sentiment that everyone's mismanagement is on a par with each other is clearly utterly ridiculous.

What do you mean "The sentiment that everyone's mismanagement is on a par with each other is clearly utterly ridiculous"? Your comprehensive ability is next level I must say, or rather, you chose to interprete it in your own biased way. I never meant to say that just because other countries have also done it wrong, it's okay for Hong Kong to

I understand why you want to stick your head in the sand and not face up to the truth about HK, but shouting in bold text means we have to yank that long neck out of the sand and whisper some home truths.

Oh, yeah. There speaks our Geo-scientist who, not so long ago declared that there's no more pandemic.

Do allow me the pleasure of hearing from an expertise -- which countries have had a hundred percent success in tackling the virus? If you insist that the whole world didn't get it wrong. Please don't say , North Korea.

P.s -- Sir, you don't have to whisper it (whatever the proved-by-Sage-scientific-truths are). Everyone gotta know it.
    Aramis, TheBrit and Coolboy like this.

Oh, yeah. There speaks our Geo-scientist who, not so long ago declared that there's no more pandemic.

Do allow me the pleasure of hearing from an expertise -- which countries have had a hundred percent success in tackling the virus? If you insist that the whole world didn't get it wrong. Please don't say , North Korea.

P.s -- Sir, you don't have to whisper it (whatever the proved-by-Sage-scientific-truths are). Everyone gotta know it.
    I am still waiting on his list of countries that have declared the pandemic over. It must be a very long list by the time it is taking.

Correct, Covid is no longer a pandemic, it’s endemic.

And when you pull your head out if the sand that may finally dawn on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Correct, Covid is no longer a pandemic, it’s endemic.

And when you pull your head out if the sand that may finally dawn on you.
    You're repeatedly just saying "pull your head out of the sand". Okay, my head is outta the sand now. The thing is -- where is the list of countries that have stirred clear of the Covid?

@hullexile Surely, it must be longer than we expect. Otherwise, @Sage would've enlisted it here long ago.

Endemic. Jesus, your brain must've shut down. Reboot it.
    Coolboy likes this.

Endemic implies a constant level of infection. Many European countries are there already as they've vaxxed children and realistically the ongoing vaccination isn't going to get through to many remaining refuseniks except probably the ethnic groups that will shun it until they go through another bad winter. UK will be there soon.

Living with Covid absolutely means pandemic over for those countries at least. You don't “live with” a pandemic that threatens your society.

Obviously though HK's approach means we are going to drag this out, probably avoid 10-15k earlier elderly and vulnerable deaths (probably with 10-12 years extra life expectancy for those folks given just how high longevity is here) but totally destroy tens of thousands of livelihoods and diminish the place forever. It's a value judgement if it's worth it. It's another (in my view far easier) value judgement to compel vaccination and move things along.

Sage, alexdown and Tandy like this.

Hong Kong vaccination rate seems to have fallen off a cliff.

Name:  _20211009_194119.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  60.7 KB

Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast