Like Tree1087Likes

Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?

Closed Thread
Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast

This is also interesting. Minibus currently in my village with a couple of masked and overalled occupants. Exactly the same transport and staff as would ferry people from the airport to their QT prison

ok it’s been sitting there engine running for 30 mins nothing happening. Bedtime for me I’m usually up around 515

Last edited by ByeByeEngland; 11-11-2021 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Not sure yet whether this is linked to Covid impact but I’m guessing yes. Another name disappears from the Lockhart Road scene. Coyote having a closing party this evening. Not my personal cup of (not a fan of Mexican) tea but a familiar face gone no doubt to be replaced by yet another bloody sports bar!
    They have been there a long time!

Not sure yet whether this is linked to Covid impact but I’m guessing yes. Another name disappears from the Lockhart Road scene. Coyote having a closing party this evening. Not my personal cup of (not a fan of Mexican) tea but a familiar face gone no doubt to be replaced by yet another bloody sports bar!
    ...or no bar given the many shuttered facades in Wanchai nowadays.

Yes, wrong strategy- clearly this mainland city is WAY ahead of the curve with 56 DAYS of quarantine- 28 in hotel followed by 28 at home.

https://us.yahoo.com/news/overseas-t...130039888.html

Plutark likes this.

Thats properly sad, my favorite place in Wan Chai. Used to take a detour just to have the chicken fajitas there
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Great video of a guy who tested positive in quarantine, gets sent to North Lantau for 10 days. Vaccinated, basically no symptoms other than losing his sense of smell for a couple of days. Definitely the best use of government money to send these people to a hospital rather than to Penny's Bay or some such (in Taiwan, can stay home if you test positive, unless you need medical attention).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmrRgATJvmY&t=4s

drumbrake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Great video of a guy who tested positive in quarantine, gets sent to North Lantau for 10 days. Vaccinated, basically no symptoms other than losing his sense of smell for a couple of days. Definitely the best use of government money to send these people to a hospital rather than to Penny's Bay or some such (in Taiwan, can stay home if you test positive, unless you need medical attention).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmrRgATJvmY&t=4s
    In the Philippines there is a "home care" option if you go private. A nurse comes out to visit a couple of times, check isolation and test. Nice profit maker I would imagine.
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    They have been there a long time!
    20:years according to the flyer

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    ...or no bar given the many shuttered facades in Wanchai nowadays.
    One popped up a month or so back in the place of Club Venus

I’ve been to Taboo a couple of times black Black Widow appear to have lost their lead and bass guitarists but gained a second and pretty decent female singer. I can’t be sure but I think she sang with the replacement guitarists. They’re OK but not a patch on the other two. Maybe it’s temporary?
    hullexile likes this.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...4-20211110.htm

Good to hear that at least some of the experts are now pushing for this.

Closed Thread
Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast