Like Tree1087Likes

Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Could be worse. Just scrolling through the FBQT group for nonsense and it didn't take long to find.

Some poor woman's daughter tested positive and they just got released, after 30days in hospital, into 14 more days of QT!

Didn't realize that ridiculous new rule means you no longer get released with low CT value but now have to have neg PCR...
    Sage and MABinPengChau like this.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3156006/improving-covid-19-situation-philippines

To minimise the risk of the more infectious strain of the virus spreading into the community, all pilots and cabin crew who had stopped over in the German city at any point this month would have to undergo 21 days of hotel quarantine, the airline said.
    twitter.com/krislc/status/1459808624751042564

Is it just me or does it feel like some ineffable policy convergence here.
    Last edited by shri; 16-11-2021 at 01:06 PM.
    Baklava and Elegiaque like this.

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any more bizarre!

hongkong7 likes this.

To minimise the risk of the more infectious strain of the virus spreading into the community, all pilots and cabin crew who had stopped over in the German city at any point this month would have to undergo 21 days of hotel quarantine, the airline said.
    Learning from the nsl, now also our contact tracing extends to the whole world.

I’ve just seen from my forthcoming hotel WhatsApp group that the last PCR test in QT is now performed twice by two different teams. New regulations. Keep the absurdity coming HK!

shri likes this.

Imagine if Hong Kong's government cared as much about, say, cancer, or heart disease.

Quote Originally Posted by njstone9:
    Imagine if Hong Kong's government cared as much about, say, cancer, or heart disease.
    Or about rule of law, social housing etc.
    Mcdavid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I’ve just seen from my forthcoming hotel WhatsApp group that the last PCR test in QT is now performed twice by two different teams. New regulations. Keep the absurdity coming HK!
    Yeah I Saw that too : first reaction was to laugh out loud :the dude that thought that idea up is a real' belt and braces' man that's for sure
    Wished all this damn money and effort went into diagnosis treatment cancer or some such thing : could buy plenty of Mri machines colonoscopy and biologics for treatment all for free and no wait time with the sort of resources being wasted here
    njstone9, muzzdang, Sage and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    Yeah I Saw that too : first reaction was to laugh out loud :the dude that thought that idea up is a real' belt and braces' man that's for sure
    Wished all this damn money and effort went into diagnosis treatment cancer or some such thing : could buy plenty of Mri machines colonoscopy and biologics for treatment all for free and no wait time with the sort of resources being wasted here
    Which only goes to prove that it's not just politics driving this, it's stupidity too.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Surely you can already guess the next measures these experts come up with? Here is a preview of what is to come:
    - Place keypad locks on the outside of the hotel rooms so they can only be opened from the outside by authorized personnel (that measure will be reconsidered again after a hotelfire kills 10 but it is decided to keep it in place)
    - Place airtight seals at the doors as rumor has it that one case of Covid cross contamination occurred (right after the last PCR test) when someone in the opposite hotel room farted which caused Covid to the poor man that was just about to be released.
    - Finally: build dedicated quarantine camps (modelled to the latest Chinese facilities). The governement decides to allocate land previously meant for housing to build the first 10.000 room quarantine facility with delivery robots, watch towers and Covid sniffing dogs
    hongkong7, bigtooth81 and Baklava like this.

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast