Like Tree1045Likes

Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?

Page 36 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 44 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Let the elderly catch the virus and suffer the consequences if that's what they want and they don't want the free vaccine which has now been taken by billions without incident.
    This is all very well but some of us live in the land of reality. Never going to happen
    Mcdavid likes this.

The Greek model seems a good one to follow here. A modest monthly fine for non compliance (which could easily be rebranded as a required contribution towards the health system) but which will surely be enough to get the vast majority out (maybe supplemented with a bag of rice).

They ought to also start wielding the NSL at the doctors still spouting shit about risks and signing people off for invalid reasons. Let's see.

Could the Government pay the elderly to get a vaccination? Its a bad precedent, but economically its probably worth it. The lucky draws etc seemed to work for the younger generations in HK.

greenmark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    310 posts ago and probably actually before Delta, when the West was embarking on a massive gamble with unproven vaccines and "living with the virus", the question in this thread - "Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?" - might have made a little bit of sense. Back then, only a handful of my friends back home had actually contracted Covid (those that had also stood out as those with the less hygienic practices).

By now, with protection wearing off and a second vaccine-busting mutant strain arising, the case seems basically closed. Almost everyone I know back home has now had it (all double vaccinated) with many describing a horrible week of life lost and God knows what 'ground glass lung capacity damage' and 'long covid' await them.

Even the China-hater brigade on here who make it their mission to shit on any piece of Hong Kong policy should recognise that the quarantine here, while indeed very heavy-handed, has been a stellar success.
    Seriously? THAT is your takeaway from all this? We will leave as soon as we can sort out a few issues. HK is madness incarnate. I cannot imagine anything worse that this life. All my family and friends back home in the UK are going about their normal lives and none of them are worrying about dying or getting long covid because they all all vaccinated. Dunno who your friends are or where, but it makes no sense to me.

Vaccination now mandatory for shops in Germany.

In Hong Kong it seems to be the reverse: mandatory to refuse to do what is necessary to move out of the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Seriously? THAT is your takeaway from all this? We will leave as soon as we can sort out a few issues. HK is madness incarnate. I cannot imagine anything worse that this life. All my family and friends back home in the UK are going about their normal lives and none of them are worrying about dying or getting long covid because they all all vaccinated. Dunno who your friends are or where, but it makes no sense to me.
    Not only is GentleGeorge a few sandwiches short of a picnic , he's also the sausage rolls, fruit, drinks and a hamper short of a picnic.

Not only is he stupid, he's also a notorious troll. Best ignored!
    ReleaseZeKraken and Gatts like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Not sure if you've been paying attention to poster patterns, but you're replying to a long time authoritarian apologist, so it's pretty clear 'who is friends are'. The posts don't have to make sense to you, they just have to follow a narrative.

Brilliant, let’s make it mandatory then exempt the very people that are contributing to its need

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...dustry-expects

in other news Cathay slashes more passenger and cargo flights, no doubt playing havoc with QT rebooking, Lufthansa has pulled the plug on its Germany flights and the same with its sister airline from Switzerland and having backed itself into a corner with its Omni = Group A the list of countries is growing daily.

Baklava likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Brilliant, let’s make it mandatory then exempt the very people that are contributing to its need

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...dustry-expects

in other news Cathay slashes more passenger and cargo flights, no doubt playing havoc with QT rebooking, Lufthansa has pulled the plug on its Germany flights and the same with its sister airline from Switzerland and having backed itself into a corner with its Omni = Group A the list of countries is growing daily.
    Or, as a friend of mine said yesterday "just when you think HK policy cannot get any worse; it does".
    blandy62 and ByeByeEngland like this.

This x1000Name:  Screenshot_20211205-092646.png
Views: 450
Size:  346.7 KB

Page 36 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 44 ... LastLast