Like Tree1045Likes

Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?

Page 38 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    Soon it will be better off to quarantine in China and then entering HK quarantine-free. Actually it probably already is if you're coming from a Category A country.
    At least there are available hotels. Listening to colleagues, situation is horrible in terms of finding rooms over Christmas now when they extended a lot of 2w places to 3w.
    qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    This has to be about the most ludicrous policy yet. Not that I am against mandating vaccines for eating out... but the WAY they are doing it makes zero sense. FFS. Just make it simple!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    This has to be about the most ludicrous policy yet. Not that I am against mandating vaccines for eating out... but the WAY they are doing it makes zero sense. FFS. Just make it simple!
    It makes perfect sense if their intention is to make sure these people never get vaccinated.

Somebody mentioned paying senior citizens to get vaccinated. Did this in Makati, metro Manila, and achieved a 105% vaccination rate of the oldies. Only about HKD160 each.

https://mb.com.ph/2021/12/08/over-p3...RnLwei11hYgoDs

MABinPengChau and greenmark like this.

They really don't want to have to face the “everyone is vaccinated, what next?” question a moment sooner than they have to. So this will keep getting dragged out.

Baklava, AsianXpat0 and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    At least there are available hotels. Listening to colleagues, situation is horrible in terms of finding rooms over Christmas now when they extended a lot of 2w places to 3w.
    Availability is scarce through the end of Feb at a few places I checked. And there's only a few places I'd be willing to spend 21 days locked up.

Fly back seven days early, with stopover in e.g. South Africa - get the first 7 days quarantine free at Penny's Bay, no need to rebook/extend your 14 day hotel quarantine!!!

Cornmeal, mrgoodkat and freeier like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    310 posts ago and probably actually before Delta, when the West was embarking on a massive gamble with unproven vaccines and "living with the virus", the question in this thread - "Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?" - might have made a little bit of sense. Back then, only a handful of my friends back home had actually contracted Covid (those that had also stood out as those with the less hygienic practices).

By now, with protection wearing off and a second vaccine-busting mutant strain arising, the case seems basically closed. Almost everyone I know back home has now had it (all double vaccinated) with many describing a horrible week of life lost and God knows what 'ground glass lung capacity damage' and 'long covid' await them.

Even the China-hater brigade on here who make it their mission to shit on any piece of Hong Kong policy should recognise that the quarantine here, while indeed very heavy-handed, has been a stellar success.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59705709

Anyone *still* not giving China at least a few points for getting this one - mostly - right?

Anyone *still* not giving China at least a few points for getting this one - mostly - right?
    Nope.

Because China insisted on using its own, inferior vaccine, its population, and millions of others around the world, are still highly vulnerable.

Omnicron will come in and spread. It is inevitable.

And remind me where all this mess came to us again.

Page 38 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 ... LastLast